Saturday, December 04, 2010

How We Are Doing

Probably the question we get asked the most is, "How are you doing?"  The short answer is "Fine."  Because, all in all, we are doing well.  Some moments we are doing great and others we're just plugging along. We are trying to settle into a "normal" routine, in a situation that feels anything but normal.  But we're pushing forward and trying to figure out what our "new normal" is.

What I AM doing:
Reading the same books over and over again to Paige
Getting as many hugs and kisses from the kids as I possibly can!
Blogging
Drinking hot cocoa while watching my kids play in the snow :)
Listening to church music and Christmas music
Praying--by myself, with my sweetheart and with our family
Putting on make-up (for those who know me well, you will know this is a really good sign)
Finding comfort in the scriptures and in conference talks
Taking it easy

What I'm NOT doing:
Crying all day (although I am crying sometimes, just not most of the time)
The dishes
Feeling angry
The laundry (or really any major housework of any kind--thanks family!!!)
Asking "Why?"
Isolating myself (although I am still weak and tired, so I haven't been "out" much, but that's not by choice, just by necessity)

We feel so wonderfully supported by our family and friends.  You guys are awesome!  I don't know how we'd do it without you.  Everyone who has helped in some way, from a meal, to an email or text, to a prayer--has been duly noted and will hold a cherished place in my heart for the love you have shown.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.

4 rays of sunshine:

sj said...

Love you, Kristen. Take care.

Kory said...

glad to hear you're doing well. we miss you at church though! :)

Kasey Q said...

I'm with Kory, we do miss seeing you. I'm glad to hear you're doing better. You are amazing.

Kristen said...

You girls are sweet. :) I miss you guys too. Hopefully we'll be there Sunday, at least for Sacrament meeting.