Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Christmas Magic

For Family Home Evening last night, Merry Grace planned an activity that involved glitter.  She and I cut Christmas trees out of colored paper and then for the activity we used glue and glitter to make them pretty.  Now that they're dry we plan to hang them up around the house to make things look festive.

 Elise chose a christmas tree made cut out of tie-dye paper.  She did the glitter in the tie-dye pattern.  It looked so cool.

 Merry Grace went with a "use as much glue and glitter as is humanly possible" theme.  I think it worked well for her.

 Ian wrote words and did neat decorations on his.  He stuck with green, blue and silver colors for his trees.  Much more manly, you know.

 Paige mainly sat on my lap and rubbed her hands in glitter.  And then wiped her face, clothes and hair.  She was just one big sparkle. :)

I'm pretty sure I had as much fun as the kids, or maybe more.  From the looks of Paige, its a wonder I had any glitter left to use on the trees. :)

 Here was Elise's finished product.  So cute. :)  (And the tree looks nice too. ;))

And two more of my favorite people.  Have I mentioned in this post how awesome Cory is?  Because he is.  Awesome.  Completely and totally wonderful. :)

The only thing about glitter, is that it gets everywhere.  Literally.  So now we have a fine dusting of glitter all over the kitchen floor, the living room carpet, the hallway, and probably a few more places we haven't discovered.  We decided to start calling the glitter "Christmas Magic", so instead of things just looking like a mess, it seems more festive and sparkly.  So if anyone asks, we doused our house in a good dose of "Christmas Magic."

3 rays of sunshine:

Amy said...

beautiful trees! i love the Christmas magic idea :) and Paige cracks me up with her hands...that'd be Brady for sure too.

J Bailey said...

Kristen your hair has gotten so long wow! looks so cute!

sj said...

Such good family times. That season of my life holds such special memories.