Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas Eve

We always spend Christmas Eve with the Barnett side of the family.  We went down to Cory's mom's the day before Christmas Eve and spent the night with her.  The kids loved playing with the cousins who were already there and we loved getting some grown-up visiting time in.  Our trip was marred just a little bit, when Ian woke up at 5am feeling nauseated.  He threw up twice over the course of the day, and was pitiful.  I hate my kids being sick, but especially over the holidays.  Even still, we all still had fun being together and opening presents...and, of course, eating lots of food. :)

Two cute party-goers. :)

 My little sickie.  He had been sleeping, but woke up (or perhaps was woken up) in time to open presents.  He was still not feeling great, but not bad enough to miss out on presents. :)

 My cute little excited Christmas girl.  Grandma got her a pillow pet, which has traveled with us all holiday.  Grandma is so sweet to get thoughtful gifts for each grandchild, which is quite the job, considering how many she has. :)  (And there's Russell's mom in the background.  We love "Little Grandma!")

And here's Merry Grace with her cow pillow pet.  (Its so cute, I'm tempted to get one of my own. ;))

After all the festivities, we headed home to celebrate Christmas Eve night in our own home, for the first time in our marriage.  Cory was beyond excited.  We ate dinner and then snuggled in to sing a few Christmas songs and have Cory read the Christmas story from Luke.  Then we got the kids "all nestled and snug in their beds" and we set about doing the fun work of Christmas Eve.

We did some wrapping and stuffing and putting together.  It was fun just working and being together.
I love Cory "popping a wheelie" on Paige's new bike. :)  Cory & I went untraditional, by opening our presents to each other on Christmas Eve.  I loved the thoughtful, fun gifts he got me and a big thanks to Amanda, for helping him get the perfect 31 bags. :)  After getting all the fun Christmas Eve preparation done, we snuggled into bed and fell asleep watching "White Christmas".  I can't think of a more perfect way to end Christmas Eve.

2 rays of sunshine:

sj said...

Wonderful memories to treasure!

Carolina girl said...

My girls loved their pillow pets too. I love that last picture of Cory with Paige's bike. So funny! Aaron and I usually open our gifts to each other on Christmas Eve too--after the kids are in bed. That way we can really pay attention to each other and there are no distractions. Kinda nice. And we watch our favorite Christmas movie--It's a Wonderful Life--while helping Santa get everything finished up. I have never actually seen White Christmas. I need to add it to my list for next year. So glad yal had a fun Christmas together. Love you all!