Monday night found us having our weekly family home evening. Last year I bought these plain glass ornaments. We took pretty scrapbook paper and tore it into small strips. On each strip we either wrote something we were thankful for or a blessing we had received this year. Then we rolled the paper up into a little roll and stuffed it inside the ornament, and kept going until the ornament was full.
They turned out so cute. In this picture you can see Elise's, mine, Cory's, Ian's and Merry Grace's. Since Paige can't actually write yet, Uncle Adam did an ornament instead. For some reason its not in this picture.
Then, Elise and I made these yummy peanut butter crackers dipped in chocolate. Oh boy, were they ever good. I'm not telling how many I ate. :) Even Cory, with his carrot and butter beans lovin' self liked these enough to eat two. He liked them so much he even wrote on one of his strips of paper that he was thankful for my sweet tooth. :) That makes two of us.

3 rays of sunshine:
The ornaments are so pretty! What a great idea! And I love the comment about your sweet tooth! :)
I love the ornament idea! :)
Thanks, Erin. Each year we get a "special" ornament. Its been different things each time from a spiderman figurine to a small picture frame with a picture of each person. These are our for this year. They are glass, which makes me nervous (and Ian, too, who requested that his be placed really high and on a sturdy branch), but the glass is thicker the the little ball ornaments that come in a pack. It was really fun. I couldn't believe how much the kids got into it. Elise, of course did great. Ian wrote a ton and folded his so small that he was the only one to use up his whole paper. For Merry Grace, I wrote a list of words and she copied each one down (family, Christmas, Love, etc.). I was so proud. :)
Post a Comment