Sunday, July 25, 2010

More from the Hotel and Pool

The morning we checked out, the kids enjoyed a little more time with Disney Channel. 

Please do not ask me how Elise was able to watch TV in this position.  I cannot even comprehend.


After a little TV time, we went back to the pool and once again, were the only people there.  How nice to have the pool to ourselves.  Paige loved it when someone would hold her so she could swim without her water wings like the big kids.

Merry Grace was so proud of how much swimming she was able to do without her water wings.  She has improved by leaps and bounds this summer.  She swam so well, she actually made us a teensy bit nervous.  Ian, especially, was concerned about her.  He kept telling her, "Merry Grace, you need to put your water wings on because you are freaking me out."  I wish I could have recorded their conversation because it was hilarious.  He was so worried about her drowning and she would say, "Hey Ian!  Watch this!!!" and go completely underwater.


Paige got a little chilled in the water and decided she'd rather relax in the beach chairs and play peek-a-boo with her towel.

Merry Grace showing off her newly acquired jumping skills.

Ian loves cannonballs.  LOVES them.

Elise was a great jumper too.  They had such fun playing in the pool.  I almost think they liked it more than the beach.

While the other kids were still swimming, my little tomboy found a a roly-poly.

She could NOT have been happier about this little bug to play with.


She is not in the least afraid or nervous about holding bugs, spiders or anything creepy crawly.  In fact, I have to keep a close eye on her outside because I never know what she might pick up or play with.  I'm not entirely sure this roly-poly survived his encounter with Paigie Poo.  He sure was great entertainment for her, though.

How cute is this little darlin' in her towel?  Oh. My. Word.  I could eat her up!

Merry Grace and Elise had such a great time swimming.  Cory took Ian and Paige up to the room (Paige was tired and Ian was hungry) and I didn't think these girls would ever get tired!!! (Which was fine with me. :))

1 rays of sunshine:

sj said...

Looks like so much fun! I'd love to see Merry Grace swimming!