Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Counting My Blessings

Today is one of those days where I am just annoyed.  Its a day where too many little things have added up and instead of looking at the humor in them, I'm just annoyed.  And while in my head, I realize that they are just that--little things--I'm still feeling annoyed and just the teensiest bit grumpy.  I know you're shocked. :)  So as I was debating how to be less grumpy, I thought of the song "Count Your Blessings".  So that's what I'm doing.  Here are five things I'm thankful for, right this minute.

*I'm thankful that I have newly painted toenails.
*I'm thankful that my baby is finally asleep for her nap.  (Even though it meant strapping her into her carseat and typing this blog post from the car while she fell asleep.  I think the "hows" of her being asleep are less important at the moment than then fact that she is, indeed, asleep.)
*I'm thankful for really dark curtains in Ian's room, where I intent to lay said baby in just a few minutes, so that she will hopefully think it is bed time and sleep for eight  two hours.
*I'm thankful that my hair will somewhat fit into a ponytail.  (Especially since I haven't made it to the shower today, hence part of that grumpiness.  Although now that the babe is asleep, I think I know the next item on the "to-do" list.)
*I'm thankful for the yummy heirloom tomato I sliced for my sandwich at lunch.  And I'll bet eating it at 2:00 when I was really hungry made it taste even better! :)

Whew.  Okay!  There were my five.  I think I feel some better. :)  Here's to showers, babies napping and just a little more cheer in our hearts. :)

3 rays of sunshine:

maren bosley said...

It's nice to hear other mom's have days like that. And isn't it wonderful that after they all go to bed you're refreshed and ready to start it all over again the next day! Here's to a nice long nap for Paige!

Ellett Family said...

You really made me smile, and so I also thought of 5 blessings in my life right then. Thanks for sharing!

Rachel said...

It is amazing how not getting a shower all day just automatically makes me grumpy and agitated. I just don't understand why tired babies have a hard time falling asleep sometimes. I don't ever have a problem falling asleep! Glad you enjoyed your tomato! That is definately something to savour...hopefully today was better.