Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Mini Vacation

We felt like we needed a tiny little getaway, so we decided to make an overnight trip to the coast.  So we packed some bags and loaded the car and got ready to head off.

Kit Cat offered to drive and give Cory a break, but we weren't sure she had a current driver's license. :)

The older kids enjoyed the ride by building "tents" in the backseat of the van.  Clever, I think. :)

Paige was happy as a clam with a little candy and a Wendy's cup full of Sprite.  She took a little bird bath in it while she rode.  How nice.

Merry Grace enjoyed singing along to the music we played.  I couldn't stop laughing at her rendition of "Sweet Caroline" sung in true Tarheel fashion.  Someone has taught her well. :)

By the time we got the the aquarium, we felt like we'd already had a vacation because the car ride was so much fun. :)

3 rays of sunshine:

Carolina girl said...

LOVE the video of Merry Grace's performance! And Elise's happy hands performing too! So funny! I love those cute girls!

sj said...

Looks like a great time! I love Merry Grace's singing! All so cute!

Lisa said...

Looks like a really fun weekend! I wish we lived closer.