Sunday, April 04, 2010

We Live in a Zoo, etc.

Actually, we just visited the zoo.  That was our Friday fun.  We met up with my brother, Ethan, his wife and her sisters and nephews.  It was a really, really hot day (especially for April!!!) but it was still fun.  I know Ian's favorite part was seeing the alligators.  All 5 of them were sitting out of the water in the woods.  Elise liked the sea lions.  There were awfully fun to watch and seemed to be putting on a show for us with their antics.  It was a nice day, just being together as a family.  After the zoo, we met up with my other brother at Subway and had dinner with him before heading back home.  We were pretty wiped out by the end of the day, but it was worth it.



Saturday morning came bright and early, in the form of the easter bunny.  I don't know what got into our kids this year, but they were up before six o'clock "too excited to sleep."  Finally at 7am we declared it officially late enough to see what the easter bunny left for us.


They found some sidewalk chalk and some other arts and crafts goodies.  And some clothing and pajamas that the easter bunny got on sale at K-Mart.  Did you know the easter bunny shopped there?  ;)  He totally does if they are having a sale.  They really should start putting that in their ads.:)



After easter baskets, we went outside for an early morning easter egg hunt that the easter bunny left for the kids.  Its an easter tradition that we all love.

Paige wasn't so sure what all the fuss was about over these little plastic eggs.  However, when she realized there was CANDY in every egg, she caught the vision.  From that point on, she was HOOKED.  Not that I blame her.  :)  That's my favorite part too.

I'm beginning to think Easter may be my favorite holiday.

3 rays of sunshine:

sj said...

So cute...I love the traditions. Glad you all got to go to the zoo, too, and spend time together. I remember several fun trips there with all of you as kids. Just a nice place to visit. I remember that one time I took you and Ethan on the way back from South Carolina in the winter (after visiting Dad who was on assignment to an office in SC for several weeks). Even with cooler temps and winter coats, still a good trip and good memories.

Unknown said...

I am so glad to hear that the kids loved the zoo. We are planning a trip for Ethan soon. Love the pics.

sj said...

I saw the picture of the kids looking at the elephant and I remembered one of the highlights of a zoo trip long ago! Haha!