Its been over six years since we moved to the area. Our family and Cory's brother's family moved here about the same time and we all lived together in one of the big houses they had for sale in their real estate business. It was a fun year and for Elise and Emmy, who were just over 2, it was one of the favorite times of their young lives. I was looking through my scrapbooks from when Elise was little and it brought back so many cute memories. This was one I knew I needed to share.
One night the girls were playing a little too quietly and when we found them, they had painted their fingernails on the windowsill in our bathroom. You can imagine how well 2-year olds would paint their nails, so there was red and blue nail polish all over it.
So Cory gave them a stern lecture while he repainted the windowsill. A lecture that surely convinced them never to do something like that again.
They were clearly humbled and repentant for the trouble (i.e. mischief) they had caused.
But it is a little hard to feel sorry when your nails look so beautiful. :)
A few months later, Neal and Amanda were in their room working on laundry and Cory and I were in the computer room doing some work in there. Each of us thought the girls were with the other ones, and since it was a big house it was hard to tell otherwise. At some point we both went to check on things and found the those two little imps in our bathtub with Carolina Blue nail polish tracked from one end of the tub to the other. There was evidence of where they had painted the tub and then there were little light blue hand prints and foot prints covering most of the surface area of the tub and the tile walls. I would never have believed that so much paint could come from one of those tiny bottle of Bon Bon nail polish.
Ian was just a tiny baby and needed attention and Amanda was pregnant with Charles Allen and not feeling her best. So Cory and Neal spent what seemed like hours with nail polish remover, cleaners, bleach and a lot of elbow grease to get that tub back to mint condition. Sometimes I think Ian is my one to get into messes, but then I look back and remember that even those sweet little girls have caused their share of trouble. :)
3 rays of sunshine:
This reminded me of the make-up incident in the Wilmington house...fun stuff to play with it appears! :)
From the looks on their faces, it is obvious that you guys cracked the whip on those girls! :)
I love that, and had totally forgotten about it. The sure look cute.
Post a Comment