It's what we've waited all winter for...the start of baseball and softball season!!! This is Elise's 4th season and Ian's second and we love it more with each year. We are so lucky this year to have Elise's cousins (Emmy, Kyleigh and Marleigh) all on the same team with her. That means a bigger cheering section and more fun for the girls. Ian and his cousin Charles Allen are also on the same team. Watching these kids play is just about the funnest thing ever. Today was opening day and the start of games. It made for a long day, but so worth it.
Why is it that these girls thought this was the pose I was looking for when I came over with the camera? And why is Uncle Jacob's little girl the only one not making this pose?! :)
While the girls were playing ball, Charles Allen and Ian practiced some fielding moves. They actually played so hard that by the time their game started they were just about worn out. :)
Merry Grace is so excited about her brother and sister playing ball and she can't wait until she's old enough to play too. We're going to have to teach her a few things before she starts--like the name of the sport. For weeks she's been talking about the kids playing "football". But trust me, when she starts, she'll be the cutest "football" player ever. :)
Paige was on a rampage once she got out of the stroller. She was a handful to keep up with! But her Daddy was good to spoil her. Here she was checking out her hands that were covered in cheese from the cheese doodles he was sharing with her.
Here was Elise waiting for the game to start. Every year it gets more and more fun to watch her play. And I think she gets cuter every year too. :)
I think this was when Cory got tired of chasing Paige around. This way, she can't run off. :) She thought the sunglasses her Daddy was wearing were pretty neat. Maybe it was the UNC logo that made them that way. ;)
Elise and Kyleigh--could they get
any cuter?! I don't see how! :)
Our four girls lined up in the dugout. I know I only gave birth to one, but I feel like they're all mine, in a way. I love being part of this fun family. :)
It took a couple of time at bat before the coaching staff got the pitching just right. But once they did, our girls took off. They won the game by scoring four runs in the last inning. Elise scored the first run off this hit.
Ian's game started before Elise's ended, so I missed his first at-bat. Cory was there and said he hit the first pitch off the pitching machine!!! Yay, Ian!! :) His team special ordered his uniform and think he looks so handsome.
Paige was a trooper, so after a long day of games, we got her an order of chicken nuggets on the way home. That's pretty much all it took to make her day! I love that fluffy-haired, blue-eyed baby. :)
We had a fun day of watching the kids play ball. The weather couldn't have been more perfect for a day outdoors at the ball park. Now we can't wait for the next game! :)
5 rays of sunshine:
I wish we could have been there! We spent the day cleaning and gardening! I hope you will let us come sometime... What is the admission price? I'd pay.
They all look like they're having such a good time. That's neat to have several of the cousins on the same team. We'd sure love to get to see them play!
so awesome for your kids that they get to grow up and do cool stuff with their cousins!!! I hope they realize how lucky they are.
Lisa, I totally agree! They love being with their cousins, so I think they appreciate it. But they've also never known it any other way. None of my cousins lived nearby when I was growing up (the nearest being Texas)!!! I always wished they lived closer. But, I have a cousin in UT who I love and adore, even though we didn't grow up near one another. I guess you just have to make the best of what the situation is. So I try to make sure to tell the kids how lucky they are. :)
How fun! I so wish we could come see them play! They all look so cute in their uniforms. I love that picture of the four girls from behind. Too cute!
Post a Comment