I'm the oldest child in my family and have three younger brothers. Because I was young when I got married and because of the spacing in my family growing up and between my own children, my youngest brother is closer in age to some of my children than to me. My kids are the only grandchildren (and nieces and nephews) on my side of the family and so they get spoiled quite a bit. This week, my brother Logan (Paige's namesake) has been hanging out with us while he's on spring break. We love having him around.
He got out his guitar one day and was playing around a bit. Merry Grace wanted a turn playing, so he made different chords while she strummed with the pick. She loved it and I think Logan did too. It was adorable to watch.
They also got spoiled by Uncle Adam, who took the three older kids (yes, you read that right, three) to see this movie:
Adam was brave and the kids had a blast. Afterwards, he took them by RiteAid (oh how my kids love that place. Seriously.) and got them treats. Apparently, he'd set a dollar amount for their prizes, but Ian got his heart set on a container of M&M's with a battery powered fan on top. And really, how could you not fall in love with something as cool as that. Naturally, it was out of his price range. So Elise, being the adorable big sister she is, put back her prize and offered to pay the difference out of her own money so Ian could get what he wanted. And Adam, being the wonderful uncle that he is, was so touched by her kindness that he ended up buying everyone the very thing they wanted. So everyone was happy, except, perhaps, Adam's wallet, which certainly got the raw end of that deal.
Then when they all got back home, Uncle Adam and Uncle Logan competed for the coveted "top uncle" award by telling the kids "dueling bedtime stories." I'm pretty sure the biggest winner was the kids who were completely and totally entertained for a good portion of the evening.
We sure love those guys. :)


3 rays of sunshine:
We are missing Logan this week. I'm glad the kids have been able to enjoy him and Adam so much.
Sounds like you all have had lots of fun. I'm so glad! We miss being with everyone. The house has been too quiet this week. Logan is really good on the guitar. We love hearing him play. That was nice of Adam to take the kids on an outing. They'll remember that. I love the bedtime stories. I just hope the stories are not too exciting! :)
how stinkin' cute!!!!!
Post a Comment