Yesterday morning as we were getting ready for school, we realized we couldn't find Ian's backpack. We scoured the house from top to bottom and inside out, but to no avail. Finally, when time ran out, we sent him to school with a note and without a backpack.
When I got to the school to pick up the kids, Ian got in the car and said, "Mommy, did you find my backpack today?" "No," I told him, "I only found your daily folder, but no backpack." He sat down and buckled up and then piped up from the backseat, "Mommy, I know where my backpack is." I wondered how this could be and asked him so. "Well, I know where it is because I hid it this morning. I didn't want to go to school, so when I went to get dressed I hid my backpack." That little stinker!!! My next question, of course, was where he had hidden it, since we had looked everywhere and spent at least 45 minutes doing so. It turns out he had wrapped it in a afghan, and shoved it under his bed behind the comforter that was already under his bed. Cory and I had both pulled out the comforter and seen the froggy blanket, but never thought to get it out and look inside it. And why would we? But seeing as how he'd ended up at school anyway, I asked him how he thought things had worked out. "The plan did not actually work," he said. And that is the truth.
I think we may have to keep our eyes on this one. :)
Sarah's Harry Potter Birthday Party
12 years ago

6 rays of sunshine:
What a little sneak! That is too funny!
So funny! Definitely one to keep an eye on, but at least he is honest and straightforward!
I'm glad you guys never tried stuff like that when you were in school!
That is so funny!I had to share the story with Lance and he laughed.
So creative and clever! How funny!
HAHA!!! I wonder if I tried hiding my workbag if I could stay home from work.....hmmmmm.....
Post a Comment