The other night we were in the car coming home from somewhere and the kids were talking in the back. I heard Elise ask Ian, "Hey, do you know what a contraction is?" Immediately I thought about labor and delivery and wondered how much of my pregnancy had sunk into her little mind. Ian answered, "No, I don't even know what that is." Elise said, "Yes you do. You just did one. Don't. That's a contraction. It comes from do and not. Can't is one and wouldn't is one. They're all contractions." I had to laugh and realized how different our perspectives on contractions were.
In other news, I made a cheesecake the other night. I've made one before, but its always been "so-so". Its usually too done around the edges, too soft in the middle or it cracks on top. This one was perfect, or pretty darn close, if I do say so myself. Apparently a water bath does the trick. Well, now that I think about it, I think I'd better go have another piece...

2 rays of sunshine:
I LOVE your cheesecake!
Well, if you liked either of the others I made before, you would've loved this one. It was superb...if I do say so myself. :)
Post a Comment