Is there anything more wonderful than a warm Spring day? If there is, I can't imagine what it would be. We loved the weather Sunday. We took a big blanket outside and spread it out on the ground. Elise had Cory get a tent canopy out and set it up to shield them from the bright sun. (Not all my kids love sun as much as I do. :)) We stayed outside almost all afternoon and enjoyed every minute of it.

Elise came outside with a book and a bag filled with snacks (so she wouldn't have to go back inside). Not to be outdone, Ian & Merry Grace promptly went back inside and each got a banana.

Really, she's just so cute. (Have I mentioned that before?) We could all just eat her up! Speaking of eating, she's been fully introduced to solids and loves them. Its really hard to remember, but I
think she's my best eater. She seems to love every food we introduce and gobbles it up. She also had her first bottle last night. She has gotten a little too comfortable with her nighttime nursing and falls asleep without a full tummy and wakes up too soon. So last night we gave her a bottle and it did the trick. She fell right asleep and slept for longer. Although I'm glad it worked, it was quite bittersweet. I know its *just* a bottle. Its the growing up part that's hard to deal with.

Just being silly. She is so cute and funny. She keeps us laughing. :)

The kids hanging out in their pavilion.

This picture is so funny. Its the perfect illustration of the injustices Elise has to deal with. While she is unsuspectingly reading her book, Merry Grace sneaks into her stash of snacks. Poor girl. The things she has to put up with!!

Merry Grace is bigger than Paige, but not by much. Although you'd never know it from watching Merry Grace. She is a little Mama for sure. One of her main goals in life is to keep Paige in check. And she does it pretty well.
Welcome Spring! We hope you are here to stay!!
4 rays of sunshine:
Glad you guys got to enjoy the beautiful day! We took Joshua on a walk and he just stared at the ground the whole time...I think the sun was too bright for him, even with a hat. I can't believe Paige is crawling already--what a big girl!
How about sending a little of that weather in this direction...
Cute pictures! The one of Paige all by herself with the red dress looks so much like Ian. I hadn't realized how much she looked like him before. Katie told me a while back that she hates reading too, which was pretty devastating to me too, especially with all that I have tried to do to make sure she loves books and reading. So maybe she will come around soon like Elise.
I remember lots of days outside, especially at the old house, with blankets, tents, and things - good days! The pictures of the kids are really cute, and how exciting that Paige is crawling! She's looked for awhile like she was so close to figuring it out!
Post a Comment