Thursday, April 09, 2009

Our Neck of the woods

Here are some cute pictures of life in our neck of the woods.

Elise was tickled to death to get a chance to give Paige a bottle.  She loves being a big sister & I love what a big help she is to me.


It's softball season again and Elise is geared up and ready.  She loves playing and we love cheering her on.

That means its copy cat season for Merry Grace. :)

Of course that's only when she's not busy mothering Baby Paige (which often includes waking her up from her nap by climbing into bed with her...)

Paige is getting quick.  Merry Grace left a glass of pop on the table and Paige quickly grabbed it and tipped it over...and then started lapping it up off the table.  Ah, her first taste of soda.  What a moment.  It also shows she's not the first child.  The first time we'd have sterilized the table and her mouth too.  How dare a child get a sip of soda at this age.  This time we're like, "Oh look how funny.  Someone get the camera!"  (Of course right after the picture we cleaned it right up...)

Elise in action.  It only took a second for her to get past the first game jitters and get her first hit.  Yay Elise!!!

These are Elise's new flip flops.  They really describe her to a tee.  :)

This is one of my favorite things about Paige.  She loves to hold you close by grabbing onto the neck of your shirt.  It is so cute.  Here she has a hold on her Daddy.


Earlier this week we had a warm, rainy day (which I love) and so we went onto the porch and out in the yard and enjoyed it.  I would have taken more pictures but I had forgotten to charge my camera battery and so this is all I got.  So you'll have to use your imaginations to see how cute we were. :)

6 rays of sunshine:

sj said...

I love the pictures and your comments. Cute and funny and a good observation about Paige and the soft drink. :) "Cookie!"

You have good helpers. You and Paige are so lucky to have so many willing hands!

Congrats to Elise on softball! Sure fun to see her play last weekend!

Merry Grace is cute as always. We love her cute expressions! Daddy and I have a picture of her from a recent visit and she has this impish little grin and we love to look at it. It makes us smile and we think about how much fun she is and the joy she is to be around! :)

Tell all the kids hello and we love them! And you and Cory! And your brothers...there are more of you down there than up here this week! The house has been awfully quiet around here! :)

Oh, and thanks for taking care of Logan this week, dating and all! :)

Sure love you guys!

Staci J said...

I love all the pictures!! Oh the memories of warm rainy days... They're not very warm here! Having big sisters is the best, i love it when Jaylee helps give bottles to Canon. Siblings are the greatest!

Kristen said...

super cute. I love your cute pitchers.
love,
elise

Erin Isgett said...

I love those fat baby legs Paige has...whenever I'm changing Joshua's diaper, I just HAVE to kiss his chubby legs! :)

Amanda said...

we love the pics. ally thinks she can hold paige and of course she misses grace grace.

Kristin said...

That pic of MG and Paige in the pack n play is so familiar. Every time Jaina wakes up from her nap and starts talking, Libby says "Oh! Jaina wake!" and runs back in our room and climbs in the pack n play. She usually takes a baggie of food and some stuffed animals with her. They'll sit in there and play for ages, which is great!