Ah, warm weather. You came just when we needed that breath of fresh air the most. You tempted us with thoughts of the pool, lazy days at the beach, walking barefoot through the grass, and cook-outs. You had us on our front porches, working in the yard and going to the park. And just when we'd gotten used to the idea, you left us. Yes, you threw us like yesterdays garbage--right back into winter. So instead of spending the morning planting my flowers, I'm inside facing the mountain of laundry you let me forget for a few days. But, I won't be bitter. I'll just remember those few good days we had and hope you come back soon. Seriously. Because next time I might not be so forgiving...
What We Did with Our Time
We dug in the dirt. (a.k.a. The front yard.)
We rode our bikes--a lot! (Merry Grace spent quite a bit of time in the hedges, as her steering leaves something to be desired.)
We played hopscotch. And we even made up our new rules for it. (And we were good at it!!!)
We played outside on blankets, and even napped out there in the sunshine if we got tired of playing.
We basked in the sunshine.
We TOTALLY broke out the sunglasses!
We were happy!!!
We had our best friends spend the night with us. (Yes, there is a lot of make-up and a lot of attitude in this picture. :))
We washed the car. Yes, it was about as clean as you'd imagine it to be. (i.e. It was dirtier than when we started.)
We used our imaginations--and a whole roll of toilet paper. :)
We planted flowers. And if any blooms "fell" off, Ian insisted I wear the blossoms tucked behind my ear because it was "so pretty".
We ate ice cream sundaes. YUM!!!
But it was the being together that was the best. (Are these two not too cute?! And yes, Ian played so hard, he wore his sock out. :))

7 rays of sunshine:
You have the CUTEST kids!!!
so cute kristen. i love the socks and the tp. what a great mom you are!
I love it! I think your photography skills are improving as well. Good job, mama!
Wow, looks like you guys really made the most of the nice weather. What fun pictures. :)
I loved reading your interview and hearing about all the fun you're having outside! You are a great mom - your kids are so lucky!
Can I be one of your kids? Those pictures are so full of fun, it makes me want to be little again! :)
Looks like so much fun....now if only the warm weather will come back!
Post a Comment