Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Good Ol' Days

Elise was sitting at the table, talking to us while Cory & I were in the kitchen fixing lunch.  Ian and Merry Grace were fussing over some toy, and were just being pretty loud.  All of a sudden Elise sighed and said, very longingly, "Ah, I miss the good ol' days . . .  back when it was just me and Mama and Daddy."  We both had a good laugh and then Cory asked her, "Well, who do you want to give away?"  Elise answered, "Well, I wouldn't really want to give anyone away.  I guess I just wish they were shy kids.  You know, then they wouldn't really say anything and it'd be nice and quiet around here."


Too hilarious. 

5 rays of sunshine:

Lisa and company said...

like she remembers the "good ole days"
:P

Bonnie said...

I'll take merryGrace and Paige. you know Cory tried to give merrygrace away to me today I just didn't get to her fast enough:)sweet sweet kids

Staci J said...

That is sooooo hilarious! What a cutie... I think if I asked Jaylee who she would give away, she'd answer her brother Cruz, no hesitation! Your family is precious Kristen!

WoozleMom said...

This cracks me up. Glad to hear she wouldn't give any of them away, though ;)

And I'm too impatient not to find out, too. People say that it's such a fun surprise to find out at the birth...but I say it's a surprise regardless of when you find out.

Carolina girl said...

That is hilarious! What a funny girl!