yes, i'm totally a part of the harry potter craze. i've read every book & wait anxiously for the next one to come out. while i didn't get to the store for the 12am release of book 6, i did go on saturday and snatch up my copy. i've also finished reading it and loved it! it was a great book, entertaining well-written, gripping...you name it. this book especially appealed to me after book 5, which i was disappointed in. i have enjoyed all the books, but #5 was by far my least favorite. i didn't enjoy the content, harry aggravated me, and i thought there was too much sadness and hurt. there are sad parts in book 6, they are a staple, i think, of the series. while i think the series is ultimately uplifting, every hero must overcome challenges and with those challenges come hardship and heartache. so, i have to say, i give rave reviews to book 6. and i can't wait for the next movie this fall. i think this one will be very intense!
Sarah's Harry Potter Birthday Party
12 years ago

5 rays of sunshine:
Book five was hard to read cuz Harry was kind of a punk sometimes. I reckon it would be frustrating to be him though. Lisa is starting the new book today. When she finishes it is my turn. Nate had it done Saturday evening.
Adam and Logan wanted to go get a copy the night it came out, but I suggested we wait, which was a good thing, because Adrian had ordered one - which arrived after they left for scout camp. But I guess that's okay because that way Adrian can read it this week by himself, then they can fight over it next week!
Adam borrowed a copy of HP from Daniel at scout camp and has already finished it.
hey kristen, i must agree with u, although i do think i liked number 5 a little more than u do! i just cant wait for number 7! i think number 6 had one of the best and well written plots of the series, and i was very surprised by some of the plot twists! overall a 9 out of 10
I admit I'm a Harry Potter fan, too. I'm sort of surprised that I am because I'm not as fond of fantasy as I am mysteries and other novels. I'm still reading #5 as I had just bought it before our mission. I read DaVinci Code and 2 John Grishams and a Mary Higgins Clark new one before Harry Potter, so you can see he does not rank first in my heart of reading choices. I am glad to hear that Adam liked #5 since most everyone else expressed that it was their least favorite. I am only on page 200 something; it's enjoyable reading, but not compelling as the others were. I'll wait till #6 comes out in paperback probably, although grandson Jacob has the hardback from the first day of sales like some of you. When you get old, those heavy hardbacks are not fun to hold for hours while you read, especially in bed. I'm like Kristen, can't wait for the next movie.
Post a Comment