We found a lizard in our laundry room a while back and have a couple of lizards that hang out by our front porch. Paige is fascinated by them, but my favorite part is what she calls them--"losers". I try to think up different ways just to make her say it, because it makes me laugh. Phrases like, "I want to see the loser downstairs!" or "I can't find the loser!" always give me a little chuckle. :)
This one goes back a few months, but I was reminded of it by a friend's post on her blog. Not long after school started this year, Ian mentioned he wanted to grow his hair out. I was surprised, since he's always had short hair, and asked him why. He told me that he wanted to grow it out so that he could get hot and sweaty and shake his head really hard and sling sweat beads everywhere. Needless to say, we're keeping it short for a while longer. :)
Paige went through a phase a little bit ago where she'd say "Please" like, "Plee-lee-lee-lee-lease!!!" She's just about grown out of it, but she still does it now and again. And its so cute, she pretty much gets what she's asking for, whenw2 she says it like that. :)
There was a bear sighting in town today. The little girls wanted to take a walk and I mentioned that we might ought to be careful, in case the bear had come our way. But Merry Grace had a great idea. She decided to dress up like a bad guy to scare him away.
Even better, was that she decided to take along a fake chain saw and a plastic sword, in case the bear attacked. And when we were over halfway through our walk, she exclaimed disappointedly, "Well, darn it! I don't think I'm going to get to fight the bear!" I'm guessing she is blissfully unaware of what an actual "bear fight" would be like.
But luckily, we were prepared. Just in case. Too bad the local authorities didn't think to call her in for back up.
Kids can be a lot of work sometimes, but boy are they fun to have around!!! :)

2 rays of sunshine:
as always your kids are amazingly precious!!!!!
what an imagination she has, I love it!
Post a Comment