My kids make me smile. :) Their conversations crack me up.
Paige: I am sick.
Merry Grace: You’re sick?
Paige: Uh huh.
Merry Grace: Mommy, Paigie says she’s sick.
Me: Paigie, are you sick?
Paige: No. I not sick.
Me: Was that just a joke?
Paige: Uh huh. It was just a joke.
Merry Grace: That was not a funny joke.
Merry Grace: You’re sick?
Paige: Uh huh.
Merry Grace: Mommy, Paigie says she’s sick.
Me: Paigie, are you sick?
Paige: No. I not sick.
Me: Was that just a joke?
Paige: Uh huh. It was just a joke.
Merry Grace: That was not a funny joke.
And another one...
Me: Merry Grace, you have worked so hard this morning.
Merry Grace: Not as hard as you!
Me: I don’t know. I think you have worked super hard for a 5-year old.
Merry Grace: And you have worked super hard for a.....How old are you?
Me: Why don’t you guess.
Merry Grace: Ummmm....sixteen.
Me: Nope, but that is a great guess. :)
Merry Grace: Not as hard as you!
Me: I don’t know. I think you have worked super hard for a 5-year old.
Merry Grace: And you have worked super hard for a.....How old are you?
Me: Why don’t you guess.
Merry Grace: Ummmm....sixteen.
Me: Nope, but that is a great guess. :)
And one more...
Merry Grace: I am the boss of the kids and you are the boss of the grown-ups.
Me: Is that right?
Merry Grace: Yep. I’m Paige’s boss and you are the big, BIG boss.
Me: Is that right?
Merry Grace: Yep. I’m Paige’s boss and you are the big, BIG boss.
I love being around for these everyday silly conversations. :)

4 rays of sunshine:
You do look fabulous enough to be sixteen, although as the mother of a 10-year-old you can't really claim that! :)
Merry Grace's class asked us how old Ben and I are. I'm pretty sure Merry Grace was one of the ones that told us we were 7 or 8. ;)
Your kids are so cute.
Whoops. This is Heather. Although I'm pretty sure Ben probably thinks your kids are cute too. Especially Merry Grace. :)
Susan, You ROCK. :)
Heather, last year when I was in the primary presidency, and it was my birthday, I asked them how old they thought I was. One kid guessed 73. I'd take 7 or 8 any day. :)
Post a Comment