And as if the day of Elise's field trip weren't exciting enough, my little brother, Logan, got his mission call in the mail that day!!! Since he was down visiting us, my parents were awesome enough to drive the call down so we could all be there to see him open it in person. So after "patiently" waiting on the call for a few weeks and "patiently" waiting for Elise and I get home from the field trip and "patiently" waiting for us all to get to my brother's house, he was more than a little ready to open the call!
You can see in the background, my brother, Ethan, had a map drawn on the white board, where we had all made our final guesses on where Logan would serve. We were skyping with my Uncle, Aunt and Cousin while Logan opened his call, and interestingly enough, it was my Uncle Maury who made the only correct guess as to where he'd serve. You may not be able to hear his comment, but after Logan read where he was going Uncle Maury said, "I've known that for months." :) Love it.
Logan was so hoping to go foreign and learn a new language, and he got both his wishes. We are so excited for him. He's just adorable and was so excited last night. He leaves in just barely over two months from now. We couldn't be happier for him. What a great missionary he's going to be. I can just feel it. :)
And if you aren't familiar with the missionary service in our church, HERE is a link that tells a little more about what missions are all about. Or watch THIS video.
Congrats, Elder Jarrell. I can't wait to cheer you on as you ROCK this thing. :)

3 rays of sunshine:
That's awesome! My brother went to that same mission. He and his wife just went back for a visit about a year ago, and she loved it there, too.
I can feel it, too, that Logan will be a wonderful missionary. It will be a blessing to him and our whole family.
I LOVED getting to know your brother working with him and the youth in the stake. He is awesome, and he WILL be an awesome missionary!
Post a Comment