Sunday, October 17, 2010

What a Week

Last weekend, we spent Friday through Monday with my parents and extended family from out west.  It was so wonderful to have that time together.  However, it seemed like my kids spend most of the weekend being sick.  There was Ian's puking incident at the festival, Merry Grace feeling feverish and puny on Saturday and Sunday, and Elise feeling feverish and puny Sunday and Monday.  Add a couple of bad colds to that, and they had quite a time.

We returned home with Elise not really making any improvements, so I took her to the doctor on Tuesday.  Diagnosis: strep.  Wednesday found her some better, at long last, but Ian and Merry Grace were still not as "well" as I'd hoped.  Now questioning that their illness might be something more than "just a cold", I took everyone back to the doctor on Wednesday and had Ian and Merry Grace checked out.  Diagnosis: strep and strep.  So two more prescriptions later, everyone seemed to be on the mend.  By Friday, Elise had gone back to school and by Saturday, except for a little lagging energy, everyone was pretty close to 100%.  Then last night, Paige began the "barking" cough that signals croup.  So she is pitiful today.  Poor girl.  I think the croupy cough and voice just sounds terrible.  There may just be a doctor's visit in her near future.

A good bout of sickness sure makes you appreciate being healthy.  :)

1 rays of sunshine:

sj said...

I hope everyone will be feeling 100% soon!