We went back home last weekend to celebrate a huge milestone--my Grandma's 90th birthday! What an amazing lady she is and so full of fun and spunk. We all just love her to pieces.
Lots of out of town relatives came in town to celebrate her birthday with a party at the church. There was yummy food, enough for an army, and a program filled with memories of wonderful lady. She was given a book with a collection of letters from friends and family, expressing their love, appreciation and admiration for her. I'm sure it will be a treasure. The evening ended with a video of pictures of Grandma from the time she was a little girl to today. Here is another one of her with her siblings. Grandma is the fourth one from the left on the front row. She has always had the most beautiful skin and we all hope we've inherited some of it. :)
And just because she's gotten older doesn't mean that she's lost any of her spunk. She's the most fun!!!
Grandma has set a wonderful example of the importance of living the gospel. Her faith has been unwavering through good times and bad. She loves her family unfailingly and keeps us all laughing with her sharp sense of humor. There are a million words of praise I could say about her, but I'll end with the last paragraph of the letter I wrote to her for her birthday.
"I don’t think there’s any question about how much I love you. I don’t think I could put it into words, even if I tried. I just have to trust that you feel the same way and know what I mean when I say I love you more than I can tell you. You always tell me when we talk on the phone that I’m your ideal. Well, I hope you know that you are mine. I love you Grandma. Happy 90th birthday, with at least 90 more to come. :)"




1 rays of sunshine:
Such a nice gathering of family and friends!
Post a Comment