One day last week, I took the kids to pick out a pumpkin for Halloween. We were all pretty excited!!!
After picking out a big pumpkin, I let each one pick out a gourd. This is the one Elise chose. It made her laugh, so she knew it was the one.
This was Ian's pick. It was definitely unique. Unfortunately, upon returning home, Elise dropped it on the floor and it broke into four pieces which left both Elise and Ian in tears. Thankfully, the storm blew over quickly.
These were the two pumpkins that Merry Grace chose. Cute, just like her. :)
This was Paige's gourd. She chose it right away and never looked pack. She was in heaven with all the pumpkins to look at and play with.
After choosing our pumpkins, we decided on some homemade ice cream. The weather was perfect for sitting outside in the swings while we ate the ice cream.
Four cute kids. :) Love these guys.
Merry Grace and Paige ate about a quarter of their ice cream before deciding to throw it away and run around and play instead. Sometimes I wonder who these kids belong to. :)
It was so fun and our front porch now looks festive for Halloween and fall.

3 rays of sunshine:
Such good memories these guys are making. I'm so glad you're able to do such fun things with your children.
You're so good! My poor kids got the Wal-Mart pumpkins this year -- but I did let them paint them last night for our family night activity. Hopefully that will be enough to keep them from realizing they got shafted out of a trip to the pumpkin patch! :)
I love how Paige has her shoes on the wrong feet. She is taking after her cute big sister Merry Grace.
Post a Comment