Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Sittin' on the Front Porch

Have ever mentioned how much I love my front porch?  Well, I do.  It may be my very favorite thing about the whole house.

I've always loved sitting in the rocking chairs, eating lunch out there, letting the kids write with chalk and about 200 other things it would take too long to list.  Our porch has a new addition this year--a porch swing.  I've only wanted a porch swing ever since we moved into the house and asked for it at every opportunity.  And this year, for Mother's Day, I got it.  And I love it every bit as much as I thought I would.  I love it, love it, love it. :)





Naturally, the best part about the porch swing are these two cuties sitting in it.  I love that Merry Grace is posing in every picture, and Paige is doing her best to copy her.  It makes me laugh.

Another thing I love about our porch are the flowers.  Every year I let the kids paint a pot for our flowers.  This year we got one really big pot and the kids each painted a section.  They did so great. :)  They're cute and sentimental.  Poor Elise did have the section next to Paige's, which caused her some grief, since Paige doesn't exactly understand about staying inside the lines yet. 



Another reason to love our porch is this cute little bird's nest, built on the top of our wreath--and four cute little eggs inside it.  We love keeping tabs on the mama bird and her eggs.  So far I don't think we've scared her off. 

So there's my porch.  Now that I think about it, maybe I'll go out there and sit for a minute. *Happy Sigh.* :)




2 rays of sunshine:

Rachel said...

I have always loved porch swings, I am so happy that you got one for Mothers Day, what a great gift! I love the idea of having the kids paint the flower pots every year. That little nest on top of the wreath is adorable!!!

sj said...

I love this post and I agree about the porch! Lots of nice things to do there!