Saturday, June 26, 2010

Destructo

We've come up with a new nickname for Paige.  It's Destructo.  It should be her super hero name, because I feel like her ability to destroy things around the house is, indeed, a super power.   I could easily make a post a day, just detailing the days destructions.  Last night, I was putting dinner on the table.  While I turned my back to get more things off the cabinet, she climbed onto the table and scooped out ground steak into the slaw, tomatoes, and her plate.  I probably wasn't looking for 20 seconds.  It is stunning.  She messed up my lipstick, got into markers, spilled drink everywhere, squirted out toothpaste, and strung out a couple of my kitchen drawers.  Just yesterday.

Last weekend I was going to decorate this cake I made for Cory for Father's Day.  For the ultimate Tarheel fan, could there be a cooler cake?  I had the blue and white icing ready, but in the few seconds while I went to get the piping bag from the closet, she pulled a chair over to the cake and climbed up.  When I came back in the kitchen, perhaps 45 seconds later, the formerly perfect cake now had big hunks pulled out and crumbled everywhere, including the floor.  After I had placed in on the cake stand, I realized the lid would not fit over top of it.  I have no spacial perception at all.  Thanks to Paigie, preserving the cuteness of the cake no longer became an issue and the lid fit just fine.

So, if you're in need of any demolition around your place, I will gladly rent her out for destruction projects.  I daresay you will be pleased with the results.  :)

5 rays of sunshine:

Unknown said...

Someday she'll discover matches.

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness. I have dodged the destructo and dare devil children thus far (although we make up for it with my emotional roller coaster child, my know-it-all busy body child, and my cannot stop being the center of attention ever child. I'm a little nervous that Afton may pick up both categories.
Paige is adorable, though, so she needs to take advantage of it for sure.

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness. I have dodged the destructo and dare devil children thus far (although we make up for it with my emotional roller coaster child, my know-it-all busy body child, and my cannot stop being the center of attention ever child. I'm a little nervous that Afton may pick up both categories.
Paige is adorable, though, so she needs to take advantage of it for sure.

sj said...

I love the line where you said, after Paige's cake destruction, "...and the lid fit just fine." So cute and funny! That Paige...she's a cutie and keeps you on your toes!

Carolina girl said...

That cake is awesome! I'm sure Cory thought it was just as awesome (and delicious), even with Paige's added touches! :)