Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Graduation

Last Saturday, we rushed home from camp in time to see my baby brother graduate from high school.  Technically, I guess he's not a baby any more, but he'll always be the baby to me. He graduated early in the morning in a ceremony that had a little bit more of a party feel and a little less tradition, but it was fun.  We survived the heat and humidity and four kids in a confined space, to see Logan graduate with pride.

Here he was marching into the stadium.  I think the was the first time I teared up.  I also teared up at the national anthem, when he received his diploma, when they turned their tassels and when he marched out of the stadium.  It was an emotional day. :)

It's official!!!  He is officially a high school graduate.  In addition he's also completed his eagle scout project and four years of seminary (with perfect attendance).  What a great kid he is!!!

Congrats, Logan, on your many achievements.  The best one of all is just being you.  We love you!

3 rays of sunshine:

sj said...

I agree...Logan is sure a good kid! He's the kind of person you just like to be around. He doesn't put on any kind of pretense...he is who he is.

WoozleMom said...

I'm glad I got to see you there. Hooray for our little (ha) brothers!

Although, "party feel" is a bit of an understatement. That one speech really really ticked me off.

Kristen said...

I'm so glad I got to see you too! I think we need to plan a Girls Night Out in MA. Just whoever is in town and can get together for dinner. I miss seeing everyone as often as I'd like.

Well, when we walked into the stadium and "Friends in Low Places" was blaring over the speakers, I knew it was going to be a little different. But I completely agree. The speech was ridiculous, inappropriate and immature. I guess no one suggested beforehand that maybe she leave some parts out...