Thursday, May 22, 2008

Kids!

So Ian & I are just getting ready to go outside to paint our rocking chairs. I told him I needed to go put on my old paint clothes like I'd had him do. He looked at me and said, "Are those your new clothes that you got for Easter?" I told him the shorts I'd gotten for Mother's Day and the shirts weren't exactly new, but they were still good. He paused, looked me over and said, "Well, they all kind of look old anyway."

That comes after Elise's pregnancy comments this weekend. She looked at me and said, "You're getting really big!" Then she turned to Ian and said, "Mama is getting really fat because her baby is growing and growing!" Then she said literally 8 more times in one form or another, "Mama is getting soooooo big!", "I can't believe how big Mama is getting!", "Her baby must bet getting really big, because she is so big!" Obviously she doesn't know how that sounds to my pregnant (i.e. hormonal) ears. I told her to remember this conversation for when she was expecting her first child. I told her I wanted to see if by that time her perspective had changed at all. Besides, unless you're telling me how radiant and lovely I look, I really am not interested in hearing it. :)

Sometimes its just a good thing they're so cute!

7 rays of sunshine:

WoozleMom said...

How silly! Good thing they don't mean anything by it!

I haven't seen you, but I am sure that you look radiant and lovely, because I can't remember a time, ever, when you didn't! :)

Unknown said...

How radiant and lovely you look! I'm amazed continually!

Carolina girl said...

You have to get your blog printed into a book and show her this post in 15-20 years from now when she is expecting! And BTW, you truly are an ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL AND RADIANT WOMAN, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE PREGNANT!!!:)

sj said...

May I just say how lovely and radiant you look!!! :) Really!!!! You are always so pretty, as well as being a truly thoughtful, kind, caring, understanding, spiritual, wise, well-balanced person, excellent in all areas and in your many roles,...you get the picture, right?! I just think you're great!

Kristen said...

Haha!!! Thanks everyone! If I'd known I would get such great feedback I'd have mentioned that ages ago! :) And I finally had one great comment from the adult daughter of Elise's teacher. We've struggled with her teacher this year and haven't had the most positive experience, but her daughter definitely won some points when she said I was the cutest pregnant woman she'd ever seen! :) Yay for people who know what to say to a pregnant woman! :)

Kristin said...

So when do we get to see a picture of that "big" belly?

Kristen said...

Haha. Maybe its time for some pictures. :) I'd take it right now, except for the fact that I've been working around the house and in the yard and haven't had a shower (not to mention brushing my hair or make up...). So I'll do it soon.