Monday, May 12, 2008

Father/Son Campout

Ian went with Cory to the Father/Son camp out on Friday night. He's been looking forward to it all week, with really no concept of time or days or when it was going to happen. He spent Friday deciding what to pack in his Superman backpack, with clothes and flashlights being at the top of the list. I'm not really sure what all they did on the camp out, since I've had to rely only on the reports from Cory and Ian. Basically, the highlight for Ian was sleeping in the tent. He had fun playing with Avery, his constant companion while there. Cory said it was easy to keep track of him when he was playing around the campsite that night because he had a flashlight that could be either white or red light and he liked the red. So Cory could just watch out for the red light. I think its so neat that Cory's willing to tackle the camp out with rambunctious little Ian, and I think its adorable that Ian thinks camping with his dad is the greatest thing ever. Believe it or not, I even got the boys to take a few pictures while they were there. :) Here's the proof they had an awesome time!!!
Here are the official campers, loading up the car and getting ready to head off for lots of fun. They are so cute I just want to scoop them both up and hug them to pieces. :) (Sorry, Cory, but you really are adorable. :))

Here is Ian eating a campfire-roasted hot dog. Thank goodness for hot dogs, without them he would be one step away from starvation. :)


If there is a stick around anywhere, Ian will find it. A campsite is heaven for him, then. I love his Spiderman jammies, too. Cute, cute, cute. :)

One other cute story from the camp out was after Ian came home. Cory had already showered and freshened up, when Ian noticed he wasn't wearing the same shorts from earlier. Ian said, "I put something in your pocket for Mommy, but you already took those shorts off." He was very distraught over possibly losing this thing he had brought home for me. Cory took him by the hand and they found the shorts Cory had worn, looked in the pocket, and found Ian's surprise. Ian was so excited to bring me one cherry starburst. He was very cute telling how someone had given him one and it was so good that he got another one for me because he thought I would like it. I was touched to be remembered, even on the fun Father/Son camp out. :)

3 rays of sunshine:

Carolina girl said...

How fun! And you even got them to take pictures! I totally understand the hot dog thing. Sarah survives most of the time on hot dogs and mac and cheese. It looks like they'd get so tired of the same thing all the time, but I guess not. I guess they haven't learned that "variety is the spice of life" yet. And I love that Ian thought of you and wanted to bring you a starburst. What a thoughtful little guy!:)

Kristen said...

Haha!!! I didn't know Sarah was such a big hot dog fan. Ian and MG are pretty big on the mac and cheese bandwagon, too. Crazy kids!!! Ian is such a sweet kid. So thoughtful. :)

sj said...

What a fun time for Ian and Cory...making lots of good memories! That was so sweet about Ian thinking about you and being excited to bring you something. Such a sweet little fellow!