Lest you think the weekend only held craziness, let me tell you about the good stuff. Obviously, it was Mother's Day weekend and my family did not disappoint. We went out Saturday afternoon and I got to pick out some desperately needed maternity clothes with some money I'd been saving and some birthday money from my folks. I've had a much more difficult time with clothes this go-round, but found several cute things that I think will be nice. The kids each bought me one of these cute shirts I love for Mother's day and the fixin's for a bacon, eggs and grits breakfast. Then we went to Lowe's and picked out the hanging baskets I've been wanting for forever for our front porch and plants to go in them. They are great and I'm so excited about them. They also got me the (as seen on TV) "Ped-Egg". I've seen these, but were in not for the recommendation of a trusted sister-in-law, I probably wouldn't have thought twice about it. Even with the plug for it, I was a little taken aback when I opened the package to see what looked like a cheese grater for my feet. I was hesitant and nervous before using it, but went for it anyway. And I'm a convert!!! It worked great and I have the smoothest feet after only a couple of uses. I can see why it came so highly recommended and I'm glad I didn't chicken out. Cory and the kids were so cute after getting in the car at each stop they would chorus, "Happy Mother's Day!!!" We ended the trip with Papa John's Pizza (my favorite pizza) and I would totally consider it a success. Since we had a rough night with Max's allergic reaction and Cory's swollen appendage, we postponed the yummy breakfast until Monday morning. Elise made me several cute things at school, a poem, a note she typed in computers, "You are so speishle because your blessed with many things. I love you so much. I love when you tuck me into my bed. I love when you plane me a birthday party for me and my friends. Love, Elise Barnett", and a booklet she made complete with illustrations. "My favorite thing about my mom is when she takes me to the beach on Saturdays. I like it when my mom takes me to the musem. I really love it when my mom says: I love you Elise. This is what I really want to say to my mom on Mother's Day: I hope you have a good day. When my mom is all dressed up she looks like an angel. I love her most when she give me a hug." I mean, seriously, how sweet is that?! I got lots of love, lots of hugs and lots of kisses. I'm not the best mom in the world by any stretch of the imagination, but I love my kids to pieces and I know they love me. Thank goodness we've learned to put up with one another. :) It sure makes things a lot more fun.
Sarah's Harry Potter Birthday Party
12 years ago

3 rays of sunshine:
What wonderful Mother's Day tributes and events! Very special! And what a special family! The love we feel for parents, children, and all our family is hard to describe...the depth of those feelings goes beyond what is easily explained or described, but we know how we feel in our hearts.
What a fun day with your sweet little family! You sure deserve it!
But I'm not sure if you guys qualify to be called a little family anymore. You'll soon have 4 kids. How wonderful is that!:)
Mama, often I really feel like Mary in the scriptures--just treasuring things in my heart. Sometimes there just aren't words to express it.
Lynetta, thankfully there were enough bright spots in the weekend to balance out the craziness. :) I know what you mean about the family size, though. I'm still kind of stunned to realize I'm not a newlywed anymore. :) When did this happen?!
Post a Comment