Thursday, April 20, 2006

tube time

okay, here's my report on television last night. there are a couple of shows that i adore. one is american idol. boy to i love that! its even better with digital cable because we don't have to watch the commercials and can even fast forward through long performances or other parts of the show we're not too keen on. i really enjoyed this week's show.

i have been so proud of our state's contribution, boasting three contestants in the top twelve, although with bucky being voted off last week, we're down to two. i was stunned that chris was the other one in the bottom. i LOVE him. i also adore kellie. she is by no means the best singer but she is sooooo precious you just have to like her. i thought she totally dodged a bullet, though, after her performance. i was glad ace was the one voted off this week. i've never cared too much for him, although i really think all this group has been impressive & likeable. i think paris is who i want to go next. but its getting hard to see the ones who are leaving, go. i'm rooting for them all. so who do you think will win it all?

my other favorite show is House. cory & i are behind the times as far as tv and stuff goes. we're not on the cutting edge of new shows...its usually a season or two before we catch on. but we've started watching house (both new shows & reruns on USA) and love it. Dr. House is so entertaining & the whole cast of characters are great. but it is a dr. show, so sometimes i have to look away! (i was never meant for a job in the medical field...) but i love it, love it, love it & can't wait for it to come on next week!

so there you have it...my guilty pleasures!

5 rays of sunshine:

sj said...

Since we don't get TV, we're not up on anything current, but we have seen some shows on DVD that we like. I like Smallville, Lost, 24, and Monk. We got the first House that maybe we'll watch sometime this weekend. You said it was good, so we thought we'd give it a try. It's nice if we get a minute in the evenings or weekends to watch a movie or show - relaxing.

Anonymous said...

Kristen, Janet and I are here at computers, she's working and I'm checking e-mail. I read her your blog on American Idol, and so we just have to write you and tell you how "right on" you are! At least with how we see it. We love Chris so much and Kellie, as you say, it too adorable. She'll have to go sometime because she's not the best singer, but she is so likeable. We love Taylor, too, and Elliott is so talented. It's going to be hard to let anyone go now. But we so agree that Paris has to be the next to go. We think it will come down to Chris and Catherine. She is so talented and professional, but we think it's a year for the guys to win.
I love House, too. He is abrupt and impersonal, but so smart. I love all the characters, too. You're like me, you don't need another show to watch( I watch all the CSI's, Law and Order, 24, Monk, etc., along with American Idol) but I also love Criminal Minds because of the great characters on it. And on Friday night, Close to Home is a great show because of the star. Watch it sometime, you'll love it.
Janet and I were excited that you have the same feelings that we do about American Idol. We'll have to call each other sometime, maybe when Chris wins!!
Sure love you!
Love,
Verona and Janet

Kristen said...

i loved hearing your thoughts about american idol! its the best!!! i hope chris wins it. he seems like such a nice guy on top of being talented. cory is rooting for taylor. he's so goofy & likeable. i loved it when he messed up kicking over the mike stand. it was something i could identify with. i could have soooo seen myself doing the same thing! and i felt a kinship with kellie when they were telling her she couldn't dance. that's me too! Zero rhythm. now i'll think about you guys when i watch next week. cheer on those north carolinians with us!

thanks for the show tips. i love all the ones you mentioned. (although CSI creeps/grosses me out sometimes.) i haven't watched criminal minds or close to home, so i'll have to check them out.

sure love you!

Susan said...

We're big into American Idol, too. I hope Chris wins it, but I wonder if he'll produce an album that I would really listen to. I'm not too much of a rocker. And I do like Taylor because he seems like such a nice guy. i think he's a little too goofy to win it all, though. However, I was surprised to hear you like Kellie and want Paris gone. I really like Paris and really don't care for Kellie. I guess I should have more NC pride, huh? I think Katherine is really good and hope it comes down to her and Chris. I was alright seeing Ace go, since I wasn't too big a fan of his. I think you're right, though, that it will be a shame to see the rest kicked off (except for Kellie!!) =) This week was a really good show.

The other show I watch is Alias. This is its final season, and I just love it! I used to watch Lost and Smallville but haven't since we moved. I'll have to rent those when this season comes out on DVD. I've never seen House, maybe I'll try it out next week.

Lisa said...

Ditto on American Idol, although Mandisa was my favorite, I was really sad to see her go. I gotta say though, Chris is fantastic. Paris to me is the least entertzainging, don't know why. Kellie I like too, her personality reminds me of you, I can see why she is so likeable and fun. She make me miss NC. Anyway, when are you all going to come visit? We miss you guys. maybe we should move there, etrade has an office out there so it would work. i think my mom and dad would die though, so we can't. I wish Cory could buy our house :). anyways off to work I go!