my skin has gotten considerably drier since last summer. until this last year, i would have said i had oily skin. at least T-Zone oily. but not anymore. i think its a combination of winter (a dry winter at that), getting older, & the remaining hormonal changes associated with pregnancy. but whatever the cause, its really dry. annoyingly so. my hair has also gotten drier over the last few years as well. i have different things i've altered in my "beauty routine" (such as it is), but its becoming sort of high maintenance at this point. and while i enjoy looking nice (i wear at least some makeup EVERY day), i'm not really into all the facial/makeup stuff that much. so i wondered if any of you had any good tips for dry skin...or just any good beauty secret in general. Please?
Sarah's Harry Potter Birthday Party
12 years ago

9 rays of sunshine:
Lotion?
I just went to the dermatologist for the same reasons, plus bad acne. I am like you this is all new. I never had acne as a teenager, and now it is so bad. anyway, he gave me some RX acne meds, and told me to get the cetaphil htherapuetic hand cream and fce lotion, and they have both worked really well. As for the hair, I don't know. Mine is the other extreme, it gets oily really quickly. Good luck! I understand about feeling high maintenance, I am suddenly high maintenance, and I feel a little silly for it. I have started bleaching my hair to my pre-baby blonde, and everyone loves it, but it's just one more thing to maintain...oh well.
I think Grandma has good skin and it may be all genes, but she has used, as long as I can remember, Pond's Cold Cream for make up removal. Who knows?
My hair is getting dryer, so if you figure that one out, let me know. I have to wash it every day - just for styling purposes, but I worry that I'm drying it out too much. I've just always washed it every day and I can't imagine not, but with it getting dryer, not sure what I need to do.
i would love to see your blonde hair, lisa! i'll have to try the cetaphil stuff. i feel like the creams i've used before to moisturize/hydrate my face are just really oily which isn't what i'm going for.
i sympathize with the acne too. i have great skin when i'm pregnant, and just average when i'm not. but i just had my first zit in about nine months and it sucked! :(
mama, i think i've told you what i do with my hair...the three minute aussie miracle treatment. the deeeeep one. it works really well on a daily basis for me. but i have to use a lot. my hair is so dry that if i scrimp, it does nothing. you might want to try a leave-in treatment or something. lets do that the next time we get together!
You think so? I didn't think they were easy on either of us! :)
And Kristen, the hair treatment stuff sounds good.
pregnancy IS hard on everybody--husbands, kids, the whole shebang! at least for most people, that's the case. (we won't even mention those darn people who just feel radiant & energetic throughout the whole thing!)
Yeah, let's don't consider those I-never-felt-better-could-eat-anything-had-so-much-energy people!
hyro. coridzone creme.
It got rid of my red spot. I am getting old.
cory
you're so funny! you're not old yet. you do have a cute gray spot!
Post a Comment