Tuesday, August 16, 2005

word confusion

cory is going on splits with the missionaries tonight & so this morning we were calendaring about the days activities. somewhere in all our discussion, elise picked up on something & asks, "why do we do splits with the missionaries?"

4 rays of sunshine:

Kristen said...

that just creates quite a different mental picture, doesn't it?

sj said...

I think they wanted us to start using a different term around here, but I can't think now what it was, but I think it was supposed to make us think more unified rather than split apart. Maybe it was teams instead of splits. Anyway, yes, that is a picture!

I think it was Elise who looked at me sort of strange one time when I said someone was horse or had a frog in their throats. Sort of that look like "Are you being funny or are you really serious?"

Unknown said...

elise has quite a funny sense of humor! she's just grown up enough to create really adult sounding sentences, while still having those hilarious comments!

Kristen said...

every once in a while i will say something that i don't realize how it sounds and a question from elise reminds me! i know that look you're talking about, too, mama!