I wore this shirt today.
Luckily, I already know the answer to that question. In the last few days (days? Could it really only be days?) I've been reminded again of the kind of man I married. He has been patient, kind, understanding, loving, supportive, unselfish and every other good adjective you could possibly come up with. In short, he has been amazing. He has been a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold and a listening ear. He's encouraged me to keep going when I felt like I couldn't do it. He's told me to stop and rest and cut myself some slack when that's what I needed most. There just aren't enough words nor nearly enough space for me to adequately express how wonderful my sweet husband is. I've always suspected he might be a superhero. Now I'm sure. Yes, I love that man--to infinity and beyond, as my kids like to say. I'm sure its at least that much.
I'm sure many of you have been wanting an update on our current situation. We have been bombarded with new information, new medical terms, new test names and new procedures with which we have previously been unfamiliar. By the time we have discussed--at length--the situation with our doctors, discussed the situation between ourselves, and then relayed the pertinent information to our immediate families, I have been left drained. Although there are still test results we are waiting on, they are unlikely to have a significant impact on the reality of our situation. And that reality is that there is almost no chance (and I am hesitant to even add the "almost" in that sentence) of long-term survival of this sweet little boy and very little chance of short-term survival. And while we both acknowledge the Lord's power and ability to perform a miracle in our lives and the life our baby, we both feel that that is not the path He has in store for us. While the news is devastating, and I in no way want to minimize the difficulty of this reality, the news is only devastating in terms of this baby's earthly life. In terms of his sweet spirit and our knowledge that families are forever, the news is anything but devastating. And that is what we are trying to remember and focus on as we face uncharted territory. As we approach this Thanksgiving season with a heaviness in our hearts, we also feel an overwhelming amount of love, gratitude and joy, for the innumerable blessings we have in our lives. We have been so blessed to see, recognize and feel the love our Heavenly Father has for us, and the awareness he has for our individual circumstances. I have been awed and humbled by it. And while there is no denying our sorrow, we are choosing to find happiness in the small and simple things around us. We feel "encircled about eternally in the arms of His love." And for that, we are profoundly grateful.

9 rays of sunshine:
Your comments are beautiful and inspired. The Comforter is such an amazing power and blessing.
You are an amazing example. We love you.
Faith is such an amazing thing. With it we can be strengthened in the darkest of hours.
I will pray that yours will continue to buoy you and that the Holy Ghost will continue to provide you with peace and hope.
Your children are so lucky to have you as a mother.
Your words are so beautiful. I am so thankful for you and the sweet testimonies you have shared. They, like you, are awe inspiring. I am so thankful to know you, your family, and to be able to call you my friend. Thank you Kristen, for being you.
You're both pretty amazing, Kristen. As usual you are dealing with life with such grace. You are a wonderful example to those around you. We're thinking about you.
Kristen, your continued faith is such an inspiration. We will continue to pray for you and your sweet family.
I would like to think that if I were in your shoes I could handle this situation in the way you have... I know that Heavenly Father needs this sweet spirit to have a body and how blessed you are that he chose YOU to give him that. I know this in no way can ease your suffering, but we all love you so much and are here if you need us. We will continue to pray for your family!
You are so inspiring. We love you guys so much and are blessed by your wonderful example.
Families are forever, it is the most comfort that could be had. You may not get the chance to raise this child in this life, but he will be a part of your family and you will know him. It's so hard to think in terms of the Lord's time, but you have an amazing spirit and testimony. It is so obvious why this child and Heavenly Father chose him to be your son.
Post a Comment