Mostly I'm thankful for Fridays. I'm thankful that on Fridays, I don't have to cook dinner. I'm thankful that my sweetheart does the cooking (i.e. brings home chinese) instead. I love knowing that we have the weekend ahead of us which means time together, time to get projects or cleaning done and maybe even time to squeeze in a little fun. This Friday also meant an evening for me to run out without the kids and get the ever so slightest bit of Christmas shopping done.
I happened to be at Belk and decided to look in their jewelry section. I had a pair of earrings I'd gotten there a while back that I loved. I took them off one night before bed and put them on my nightstand. The next day, I was straightening up and found one--only one--of the earrings. I looked everywhere for the other earring, but to no avail. So last night I decided to see if maybe, just maybe, there was another pair like it. And there was!!! Only one pair, but it was there. And even better, it was one of their red dot clearance items and I got them for $6.00!!!
After shopping, I came home to find Paigie Poo already asleep (which was a huge blessing because her sleep routine has not been helped by the time change). Then, my other two girls snuggled in with me and we started watching "The Sound of Music". We love that movie. :)
I'd bargained with the kids last week. Our rule is lights out at 8:30. But they have a tendency to want to drag bedtime out as long as possible (one more story, one more hug, one more drink of water, one more kiss, one more trip to the bathroom...). So we told them that if they were in the bed to stay at 8:30 for the whole week, they could stay up until 10:00 on Friday night. And they were awesome! Of course, Paige wasn't included in that bargain and Merry Grace didn't make it until 10, but the older kids did. The trade off was totally worth it. :) The weekly bedtime routine just became a lot less painful.
So, on Friday, I have a lot to be thankful for. Most of all, just the fact that its Friday.
Sarah's Harry Potter Birthday Party
12 years ago

0 rays of sunshine:
Post a Comment