Sunday, May 02, 2010

I've Got My Eyes On You!

That boy is at it again.  Last night I decided it was time both Ian and Cory got haircuts.  I've been cutting Cory's hair for years (ever since we survived the first attempt that will live in infamy) and Ian's too, since he was just a little thing.  So last night I got the clippers out and told Ian to get ready.  It took a few minutes to wrap up what I was working on and when I went to get the clippers off the chair where I had put them, they were gone.  I racked my brain, trying to remember where else I might have put them.  Cory and I scoured the house, looking for any place they could be.  This was where I started getting suspicious.  They were absolutely no where to be found.  I asked Ian if he had moved them or hidden them (remember the back pack) and he assured me he had not.  He looked guilty to me, but I surely couldn't prove he had done something with the clippers, especially since my mind seems to be MIA about half the time.  I gave him one last chance, though.  "Ian," I told him, "If you did something with the clippers, I'm going to give you one more chance to tell me where they are without getting into trouble.  If you are honest with me, you will not get in trouble.  But if I find out you did something with them later, you will be in big trouble.  And I will find out."  He still stuck to his story and without clippers, both he and Cory went to bed without hair cuts.  Well, guess what I found today lying on the floor of the closet, tucked under a basket?  The clippers.  So tonight I said to Ian, "I found the clippers today.  I'll give you one guess where I found them."  He thought for a minute and then said, "In the sun room?"  "Nope," I answered.  "Guess again."  So he named off the hall closet, his bedroom and downstairs.  Finally I told him, "Wrong, wrong and wrong.  I found them exactly where you hid them."  His face took on this mischievous look and he wrinkled his nose.  "Oh man!!!  In the computer closet.  I know, I hid them there so I wouldn't have to get a haircut."  Ah ha.  And there you have it.  The mystery was solved.  And guess what Ian got today.  You got it--a hair cut and a punishment.  I suspect this may not be the last conversation we have about this.  Funny kids. :)

2 rays of sunshine:

Rachel said...

I always cut my hubby's hair as well! I am trying to teach Audrey not to lie...so far I have not had great success. I am glad you found the clippers at least! Maybe you should start hiding them from your little man? :-D

Susan said...

Haha! If he can come up with this at 6, what will he be trying to pull at 16?!! I love that he can't help but confess in the end. He is a sweet kid.