Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Fortune Teller

While waiting in the carpool line, Merry Grace got out some of Elise's "fortune tellers" that she's made.  The ones that look like this:


After choosing the colors and numbers, I read what I'd chosen: "You will marry a slimy green alien."  While Merry Grace burst into giggles, I, very dramatically, said, "Oh no."  Merry Grace got very serious and told me, "Yeah, but you won't really.  It's just pretend."  Whew.  Thank goodness.  I had just been wondering how I would break the news to Cory. ;)  The next time I chose one that said I would have 100,000 kids at the same time.  Merry Grace thought that was hilarious too.  Then I got one that said, "You will not be smart and will always be a big dork."  Merry Grace just shook her head and said, "How dare Elise.  How dare she!"  I think Elise may have rigged her fortune tellers.  I wonder why I never got one that said I would be charming, lovely or rich....

2 rays of sunshine:

sj said...

Those cute little games of childhood. :)

Susan said...

Hannah thinks those are fun to make, too. Elise came up with some really creative fortunes! Maybe Cory can be a slimy green alien for Halloween. :)