Friday, March 05, 2010

Tent Time & Other Fun Stuff

One day when the kids were home from school for a snow day, they built this huge tent in the playroom.  They used six kitchen chairs and about 15 blankets.  It was really neat and entertained them for hours.  Even Paige loved it!  


The clean up part wasn't quite so fun, as they were surprised that I actually meant that I expected them to do most of the clean up.  I'm not sure why that came as a shock, since I said it about 15 times as they drug out blanket after blanket.  But eventually they did some good work and we used a little teamwork and got it cleaned up wonderfully.  I love how much fun you can have with little everyday things.

For example:


A few weeks ago, Elise came down with strep throat.  Unfortunately, since she'd never had it before I just thought she had a sore throat and she had to suffer a few days before we caught it.  When Ian first said his throat hurt, we knew what we were up against and got him some antibiotics pronto.  So, even though he had to stay home because he was contagious, he wasn't feeling very bad.  This is what the kids did with some of their time.  Paige, ever the copy cat, wasn't about to let the big kids have all the fun.  I didn't really want to put her in the pillowcase because I didn't think she'd actually be able to walk in it--which sounded like a recipe for disaster.  Surprisingly, she could walk like nobody's business and kept up with Ian and Merry Grace with ease.  They really are awfully cute. :)

2 rays of sunshine:

sj said...

I remember doing this as a child and then with my own children, and now you are doing it with yours...a fine family tradition. Using blankets, chairs, and imagination can make for quite a fun activity. I remember you guys making tents out in the yard and in the house and having so much fun.

Carolina girl said...

We did this when we were kids too! It was so much fun! Good times.