Thursday, March 11, 2010

Not so Secret

We had several errands to run this afternoon and about halfway through them, Ian started to get hungry.  Why he was even in the car with me is another story unto itself, but either way, when he gets hungry, he needs food or he will throw up.  Learned that lesson the hard way.  So I grabbed a McDonald's fry for he and Merry Grace to share.  When we got to school to pick up Elise, I had the kids put the McDonald's bag away so that Elise wouldn't feel bad that she didn't get anything.  I even specifically told them to keep quiet about it when Elise got in the car.  She had been in the car for all of about thirty seconds when Merry Grace says, "Hey Elise.  We did NOT go to McDonald's!"  Somehow, that's not exactly what I'd had in mind. :)

2 rays of sunshine:

Unknown said...

Merry Grace has a future as a spy.

sj said...

That one made me laugh. Cute kids.