Monday, March 31, 2008

That's a Classic

Last night the kids were playing with silly putty. Their new discovery was that silly putty bounces, just like a rubber ball. They kept rolling it into a ball shape and throwing it down the hall and in the kitchen. Ian brought his ball to me, and he was just giggling. He said, "I have to tell you something silly. I bounced my silly putty and it bounced into the toilet! So I had to get it out." My first question, seeing as how he was currently holding the actual ball that had been in the toilet, was, "Did you wash it off?" He assured me he did, and his hands too. A few minutes later, Cory (who hadn't been present for the earlier conversation) came and sat down on the couch beside me and Ian brought his putty over to him. "Make a ball for me, Daddy," he said. Cory gamely took the putty and began rolling it into a ball. Then Elise goes, "Yeah, he dropped that ball in the toilet." Cory stopped rolling and just looked from one to the other of the three of us, each of whom burst out laughing. Poor guy! We assured him it had been washed off, for whatever consolation that was. The look on his face when Elise told him it had been in the toilet was just priceless. What a good sport he is. :)

5 rays of sunshine:

Lisa said...

yuck!!!
I just saw on your profile Elise has a blog. Can we see it?
Halle is really into rock stars right now. Hannah Montana is the queen of cool around here...

sj said...

I can just imagine Cory's expression! He is a good sport!

Carolina girl said...

SO wish I could have seen his face!!:)

Kristen said...

Lisa, Elise totally has a rock star thing going on, too. I'll bet our girls would have fun together. :)

Mama, Yes, he IS a good sport. It was too funny.

You'll have to imagine what his face looked like, but I'll bet you can imagine pretty well. :)

Kristen said...

Lisa, did you check out Elise's blog? Check out the title, more proof of our rock star life over here. :)