Elise is growing up so fast, it is really scary. I think some of it may be the different phases kids go through. There was a while there where there was some sassiness, some contention or competition between us, and generally things not being as smooth as they had previously been. Apparently she has worked out some of those things and has just become the joy of our family. She is the absolute best big sister in the world. She plays with Ian, including him in practically every activity or adventure she is planning. He adores her so much that he cries almost every day when she leaves for school and the other day when she was out he said, "Yay!!! Now I don't have to cry today!" With Merry Grace she is completely untiring in her help with her. She will push her on the tricycle, pull her in the wagon, tote her around and just all-around help her with whatever she needs. At dinner time, both little kids want to sit beside her, so even though we only have two chairs side-by-side, she pulls a third one around and scrunches them closely together so they call all three sit together. And not only is she great with her siblings, but she's a huge help to me. Just last night at dinner she helped make the salad and set the table. Then when Cory and Ian left for t-ball, she stayed right with me and helped me clear off the table. I really cannot say enough good things about her and every one is deserved.
In other kids news, Ian had a dentist's appointment today and did wonderfully. On the way there he asked me "What does 'in the lane' mean?" I wasn't sure where he'd come up with that phrase, so I asked him where he'd heard it or to use it in a sentence, so I'd know where he was coming from. He replied, "You know, like 'Andale, Andale!'" Merry Grace is in love with horses, which she calls "Soresies" and whenever we pass a field with horses, cows, goats or anything of the like she shrieks, "Soresies." It's so adorable. I love the little way she says things. She's putting more and more words together and getting more and more opinionated. She's a lot of fun. :)
I had a proud mommy moment last night when my kids went crazy over their vegetables at dinner. We had salad with a homemade vinaigrette dressing, corn, peas and potatoes. They cleaned their plates and wanted more of everything except the peas. Even Merry Grace couldn't eat enough of her lettuce. It turns out Elise fed at least one pea to Max, but I can't complain when they ate so well. Lots of times meals are not a joyous event, so to have them all enjoy the food (especially veggies) and want more, so it was a great day!
Sarah's Harry Potter Birthday Party
12 years ago

1 rays of sunshine:
Such wonderful and sweet kids! I am proud of them, too! Elise is such a good little girl...and I agree, growing up fast. They are all so special and cute and I love them!
Post a Comment