Monday, March 10, 2008

How we know Spring is almost here...

We have loved the gorgeous Spring weather so much we can hardly stand it. It feels so good to be outside in the fresh air and work in the yard and play with the kids. Here are some pictures from around our house today, which are clear indications that Spring is on its way!

Here are some blossoms on a cute little tree in our backyard. While I was taking the pictures a honeybee flew up and landed on the flowers. We all enjoyed watching him.


Here is a dandelion. I know these are just weeds, but after the winter I'm thrilled to see anything that looks like a flower. We have quite a few of these in our front yard which, when they go to seed, the kids love to pick and make wishes and blow them across the yard. I guess its a good things I like them. We're probably destined to see more of them.


Another flowering tree around our house. This one is in the front. I love any flowering tree and would be very tempted to have nothing but those around my house.


Merry Grace was out swinging in the yard today. She loved it!!! I could barely get her off to come back inside!


While I was planting some seeds, Ian spent time climbing some small trees in our yard. He was quite good and thrilled with his new skills.

YAY SPRING!!!

9 rays of sunshine:

Kristen said...

Apparently there was an issue with a few of the pictures, but I think its fixed now. :) Enjoy!

sj said...

What cute and springy pictures! I have enjoyed the nice weather and being outside, too. I loved hearing about your fun activities!

maren bosley said...

I love spring too--I LOVE sunshine! I cannot believe how long merry-grace's hair is getting! How long has it been since I've seen you?!

Carolina girl said...

I love spring too!!! And I love that cute little girl in the swing and the handsome little guy in the tree!! Too cute!! Give them hugs from Aunt Lynetta!!

Anonymous said...

hi! i think that is a great to post on your blog.And i also never knew that you posted it on your blog.
LOVE,
ELISE BARNETT

Kristin said...

Gorgeous! Send some spring to Texas next time you're out - we need it!

sj said...

Hey Elise...how cool that you left a comment! You are a smart girl...just like your Mama! I love and miss you guys and can't wait to see you!

Kristen said...

Maren, MG's hair is really long. And that's even with a trim! I guess it means she's really growing up. :) It has been FOREVER since we've seen you. Thank goodness for the blogs!!!

Lynetta, consider them hugged! We miss you guys!

Elise, I love your comment. You're so sweet. :)

Kristin, if I could figure out a way I would. As long as we could keep a little bit too. I'm not really interested in a trade! ;)

Kristen said...

You are so nice to me. This is elisabeth.