Tagged
My friend Susan tagged me, so here goes!!! Check at the end to see if I tagged you!
5 Things I Was Doing 10 Years Ago
1. I was a senior in high school.
2. I was taking an internship class where I got to shadow teachers at an elementary school. It just happened that my best friend and I had it together and more often than not it became what my parents called my "drive around and eat Chinese food"class.
3. I was trying to get ready for the Senior Prom.
4. I spent lots of weekends baby-sitting my brothers, and didn't mind it a bit. This could be a big argument for spacing your kids out. I would love an in-house baby-sitter!
5. And Cory, whom I had never actually dated, but had written for two whole years, was coming home from his mission in a few short months.
5 Things On My To-Do List
1. Go to the store and pick up a few things.
2. Fold some laundry. I suspect I will easily find a reason to move this to tomorrow's to-do list.
3. Straighten up the kids room. I started in the kitchen/living room and have been working my way to the back of the house, one room at a time.
4. Watch the ACC tournament.
5. Go to Elise's t-ball practice.
6. Sounds like an intense day, doesn't it? ;)
5 Snacks I Enjoy
Oh, there are so many!
1. Potato Chips (I only like these for a snack when I'm pregnant. Go figure!)
2. Any fruit with a little bit of that sweet, cream cheese fruit dip.
3. Anything chocolate!!!
4. Peanut butter and banana sandwiches.
5. Icees or slushies
5 Places I've Lived
1. Raleigh, NC
2. Wilmington, NC
3. Albertson, NC
4. Mt. Airy, NC
5. Fuquay-Varina, NC (do you notice a NC trend here?)
What I Would Do if I Became a Billionaire
1. Finish the home repairs we want to do or just move somewhere with lots of land. :)
2. Get new cars, free and clear.
3. Help some family members who could use it.
4. Save, Save, Save.
5. Do whatever good we could.
6. Oh, and I'd really like a porch swing. :)
5 Bad Habits
1. My sweet tooth.
2. Not taking the trash out when it gets full and just stacking things on top until Cory gets home.
3. Misplacing my car keys.
4. Neglecting just about everything when I get into a good book.
5. Not putting the laundry away after I fold it.
5 Jobs I've Had
1. Cleaning my dad's office
2. Day-care "teacher"
3. Teller for Wachovia
4. Helping Cory with whatever thing he needs help with.
5. Mother
People don't know about me ...
I think some people may know these things about me, but here goes anyway! I always wear lipstick (and I literally mean always) and mascara. I'm not adventurous or daring AT ALL. I have no desire to EVER sky dive, bungee jump, ride in a hot air balloon, ride a motorcycle or about 30 other things I could rattle off the top of my head. I like to get stains out of laundry and I can get most reasonable things out, even tough stains. If I could live anywhere in the world, it would be a little cottage right on the beach or a big farm with lots of animals. I detest any celebrity magazine or TV show and refuse to read or watch one. I will, however, read the yahoo headline story about a celeb. :) I enjoyed high school and have good memories of it, although I would not be interested in going back. I'm sure there are more tantalizing details of my life, but I'm drawing a blank for now. :)
I tag: Lynetta, Kristin, and Lisa. And I'd love my mom and dad to do it, but don't think they will. :)
Sarah's Harry Potter Birthday Party
12 years ago

7 rays of sunshine:
5 things I was doing 10 years ago:
1. Teaching Seminary. About to be sustained as Branch Pres in Dobson
2. Working at H. B. Rowe.
3. Getting ready to go to Philmont that summer.
4. Other stuff I've forgotten
5 things on my to-do list:
1. make something out of the flooring Neal and Cory gave me.
2. Finish up some paperwork.
3. Get the office cleaned up at home.
4. Fix the belt on the pickup.
5. Sell insurance.
5 snacks I enjoy.
1 anything but raw snakes. I'm a snack-a-holic.
5 Places I've lived:
1. House I was born in in Mt. Airy.
2. Peru for 2 years.
3. House Next to Delia in mt. Airy.
4. Current house.
5. That's it.
I forgot the rest....
5 things I'd do if I were a billionaire.
I like kristen's list. Use that one.
5 Bad Habits.
1. Sweet tooth (Sorry, Kristen)
2. Waiting to wash dishes until the morning.
3. Being grumpy.
4. The good book thing. (Sorry again, Kristen)
5. That's it.
5 jobs I've had.
1. Shovelling gravel at Ararat Rock.
2. Rays Restaurants.. Bookkeeper.
3. Peat Marwick Mitchell... CPA
4. H. B. Rowe.. Controller.
5. Farm Bureau.. Selling insruance.
I stand corrected! I loved it!
You must buy the marinated artichokes, not artichokes in water.Be back later.
Ok, so I love cottage cheese. I like to put some in a bowl, and some yummy tangy marinated artichokes and cut them up for my delicious pleasure.
They are good on red leaf lettuce, with chicken breast, balsamic vinegar dressing, cucumber, green onion, cottage cheese (or diced mozzarella) and tomato. Soooooooo good. I like to make spinach and artichoke dip with them, and eat it on toast for breakfast, or roll it into an omelet.
That was so fun to read, Kristen. I so wish I had your stain-removal talent. Nate gets frustrated with me when I've had to buy yet another white shirt because I've stained up all my other ones. =)
I figured I'd better meet the challenge! :)
5 Things I Was Doing 10 Years Ago
1. Started working part time at SCC
2. We were asked to attend the Dobson Branch
3. All the children still at home
4. Serving in stake YW, I think
5 Things On My To-Do List
1. Clean the house
2. Download some pictures
3. Post to my blog
4. Finish up some church and work projects
5. Go biking
5 Snacks I Enjoy
1. Popcorn
2. Fruit
3. Fudgsicles
4. Cereal
5. Peanut Butter and Chocolate
5 Places I've Lived
1. Mount Airy (Airsville Road)
2. Provo, UT
3. Mount Airy (Quaker Road)
What I Would Do if I Became a Billionaire
1. Pay off bills
2. Help family members
3. Buy a house
4. Buy a car
4. Buy some clothes
5 Bad Habits
1. Popping joints
2. Overeating
3. Being too OC
5 Jobs I've Had
1. Cashier at Ray's Kingburger
2. Substitute teacher in school system
3. Checking through boxes of airline tickets
4. Administrative assistant at SCC
5. Wife and mother
People don't know about me ...
Most people probably know these things...I enjoy playing sports, taking pictures, and working on the computer. And I love my family soooo much!
Post a Comment