Thursday, March 20, 2008

A few random thoughts

Cory and I saw a commercial several days ago for Hellmann's mayonnaise. It was pretty funny, because it was basically touting mayonnaise as a health food--omega-3 fatty acids and so forth. I love mayonnaise, but I definitely have to use it sparingly, as it is not on my list of "healthy" foods. I did, however, use some on a tomato sandwich or two yesterday. Cory bought some tomatoes at the store earlier in the week, and for someone who doesn't like tomatoes, he picked out one of the best tomatoes I have eaten in a long time. I had tomato sandwiches for lunch and dinner and a half of one for a snack in between. Yummy!!!! In other randomness, I was thinking about how our hot water heater's heating element (or something of the sort) went out the other day and I had 2 or 3 days of cold showers. There is almost nothing in the world that will get me grumpier than a cold shower first thing in the morning. I don't know what it is... Continuing on, Ian cut the side of his foot this morning on a basket (do not ask me how) and it was hurting him. It wasn't a bad cut, more just the skin, which can be really sensitive. Anyway, his bandaid's kept coming unstuck and we were going to have to try something different, so I told him that we needed to put some antibiotic cream on it anyway. He responded, "You mean super glue?" AHHHHHHHH!!! No, I told him, I most certainly did not mean super glue. There was no need for him to ever use super glue, thank you very much. Good grief.

6 rays of sunshine:

Carolina girl said...

You might want to consider keeping the super glue locked up!! hee!hee!:)

Carolina girl said...

I forgot...I LOVE tomato sandwiches too!!! And cucumber sandwiches are pretty darn good too!!:)

Kristin said...

There is a wonderful product called "NuSkin" that comes in a little bottle and brushes on over a cut like nail polish. It makes a clear coating over the cut and works like a barrier, even better than a Band-aid. Perfect for those spots where a Band-aid just won't stick!

Unknown said...

I'm thinking tomato sanwiches with mayo and superglue!

Andrew Bosley said...

Kristen! I feel for you. We woke up Tues. morning to NO HOT WATER! I'm not as brave as you though and didn't shower at all. So, instead I felt nasty all day and hardly got anything done a) because I couldn't do the dishes, b) I couldn't do the laundry I needed to do, and c) the sun wasn't shining so I felt very unmotivated!!! I love the sun! Needless to say, a guy in our ward showed Andrew how to replace the elements for the hot water heater so I only had to deal with the cold water for one day. How did the pioneers do it???

Kristen said...

Yeah, seriously. The super glue needs to be under lock and key.

Kristin, I've heard of nu-skin but never used it. We ended up having to tape the bandaid down. It made it look like a terrible owie, when in fact it was just a little scrape. I'll have to put nu-skin on my list.

Maren, I've thought of the same thing about the pioneers. Obviously I'm less cut out for that lifestyle than I could be. :) I was reminded of it again when last night I laid down in the bed and found cracker crumbs all over my sheets. There are not supposed to be food items in the bedroom and crumbs on my sheets--major grumpiness alert!!! What a pampered life I lead. :)