Friday, October 12, 2012

Its About Time

Sometimes, enough time passes that I don't even know where to start.  My poor, neglected blog.

So I'll just start with a few random tidbits.

I love my kids so much.  They make me laugh.  The other day I walked into the bathroom and saw a headless Polly Pocket lying on the edge of the tub.  I don't know why that made me smile, but I love seeing the little evidences of my kids in unexpected places.  Like yesterday when I found a bowl of Littlest Pet Shops taking a "bath" in a bowl on the bathroom sink.  I. Totally. Love. It.

I love conversations that start like this:

Ian:  "I have something to show you from school today."  Pause.  "You're not going to believe what it is."  Pause.  "You're probably not going to want to see this."  Pause.  "Its actually kind of disgusting."

At this point I was borderline horrified, so I just asked one question.  "Its not vomit, is it?"  To which he replied, "Oh no!  Its definitely not that!"

Turns out it was owl pellets, which included the skeleton of a squirrel.  I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have come up with that in a million years.

Yesterday, Paige and Merry Grace had well-child check-ups and flu shots.  They are healthy and wonderful.  Merry Grace opted for the flu mist and did wonderfully (in a landmark event!!!!).  Paige had to get 3 vaccines, so I just had her get the flu shot, too.  To say it was traumatic, would be an understatement.  I may be a mother of four kids, but sometimes I still get surprised.  This was one of those times.  She screamed at the top of her lungs for 45 minutes.  Solidly.  She screamed through checkout.  Walking through the waiting room.  To the car.  In the McDonald's drive-thru, as I tried to bribe her silence with apple juice and french fries.  In the car.  Until at last, she quieted down, 45 LONG minutes later, and asked for apple juice.  A few minutes of peaceful silence later, she had just one thing to say, "I hate my shots."  That pretty much sums it up for me, too.

There is much to catch up on, but for now, its a start.

2 rays of sunshine:

Brave Brooke said...

My little sister, the youngest of 4 girls had a few health problems between her 2nd and 3rd birthdays. During one traumatic procedure where everyone had to hold her down she screamed and screamed how much she "HATE DOCKER!" (doctor) Afterward she looked up at him and said "Tank you, Docker." This reminded me of this :) It's a good thing shots only come once a year!

sj said...

I love getting to hear the details of your day and all the cute things the kids say and do. It's sure nice and makes us feel close, even though we're miles away. I hope Paige has recovered from her shots. I love you all so much!