Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Fall Fun & Motherhood

You may have noticed that we're big Scotty McCreery fans around here.  He's so adorable and down to earth and a little bit goofy, which I think makes him all the more endearing.  So Elise and I were thrilled to be able to go to his concert at the State Fair the other night.  My sweet sister-in-law, Amanda and niece, Emmy, went with us and it just made the evening even more fun.



 The girls got all decked out in their boots and coordinated their outfits.  Although I think they look adorable ALL the time.

 We stopped by the "wall of water" to eat quick bite of yummy fair food (tell me a cinnamon bun drenched in cinnamon butter and a funnel cake doesn't make your mouth water!!!!) and get a picture or two.


And then there was the concert itself...which was awesome!!!  We had good seats and thought Scotty was just wonderful.  (Although I'm clearly getting old because I desperately wanted a pair of earplugs!! Haha!)

Elise got a t-shirt and an autographed CD, which I think might have made her whole night.  Although both were overpriced, we sucked it up and went for it.  Plus the t-shirt was a peace offering for Merry Grace who didn't get to go, but who "loves" Scotty and is going to marry him.  I think it worked because she loved it and wore it to school the next day. :)

I seriously love these girls to pieces.  They are just cute beyond words.

I didn't take a single picture of Amanda and I, but I have to say, we were pretty darn cute, too.  Just not as cute as the girls.  Hence all the pictures of them. :)

A huge thanks to Amanda for driving us there, which I was unusually nervous about.  We had a great time and hung out until the fireworks at the end of the night, which may have been better than July 4th.  We ended the evening with some hot chocolate and chocolate dipped cheesecake.  It couldn't have been more a more perfect night.  Well, maybe with the earplugs.  But that would be it. ;)

I'll wrap it up with one of my favorite Scotty songs, which totally epitomizes how I feel about being a Mom.  Its called "Dirty Dishes".  I love it, because there is a lot about being a Mom that is tiring, exhausting and overwhelming.  There is always work to be done when you're a Mom.  But I love taking those things that are tedious, that are repetitive and just back-breakingly hard, and turning them into a blessing to be grateful for.  Its something I have to be reminded of from time to time in the daily routine of it all.  But when I look at my life with an attitude of gratitude it changes everything.  Not that I have fewer dishes or that I have any less to do, but that I am profoundly, deeply grateful for all that those things represent.



0 rays of sunshine: