Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Halloween Hi-jinks

We've been getting ready for Halloween for weeks.  The kids have been talking about costumes for months. Elise has committed to being a witch and Ian a zombie.  Merry Grace has costume-hopped from one to another for weeks.  She had said a cowgirl, then Johnny Appleseed (because she really wanted to wear a pot on her head).  This weekend she surprised me by telling me she wanted to be a farmer and then a vampire.  Yesterday I finally made her commit to one thing because I had to make sure I had everything for that costume.  So vampire it is.  Paige has said she wanted to be a princess, so last night while Merry Grace & I went on a GNO, we picked up a princess crown for her to wear, since we already have a dress on hand.  She was THRILLED when we gave it to her and immediately tried it on.  Then she saw the face-painting kit I got for vampire girl.  She looked at me and said, "I'm going to be a beautiful princess.  With blood.  Dripping down my chin like this."  As she demonstrated how and where it would go.  I just had to shake my head.  Really?!

Thankfully she quickly decided it was actually too disgusting for a princess to have blood on her face.  Although this morning she told me she was going to be a pumpkin for Halloween.  A princess pumpkin.  Which is basically a pumpkin who wears a crown.  So we'll see what Halloween night brings.  I'll be honest. This is not a battle I'm fighting.  She will have to use something we have at the house, but if she decides to be a princess pumpkin (or something totally different) that's what she'll be.  I think I may have bigger fish to fry. :)

0 rays of sunshine: