Our church had its annual Trunk or Treat last Friday night. Its always fun when it falls a few days before Halloween. We get sort of a trial run with all the costumes and its one more use we get out of them.
We were all really excited. Elise had a friend coming with her and the kids were all excited about how their costumes had turned out. Elise made an adorable witch. Cute and classy, with just a little creepiness. Ian's Zombie costume turned out well after we "altered" (in other words, destroyed) his old suit in the name of Halloween. A few rips, cuts and tears later, along with some make-up to dirty it up and some face paint and fake blood to top it off, he made a pretty awesome zombie. Merry Grace looked super cute as a vampire. I loved her personal touches (sparkly silver boots) and the fake blood really made it perfect. Paige finally decided on being a dinosaur, which was fine. She pretty much looks adorable all the time, so the costume is just icing on the cake. :) Usually I don't have time for a costume, because after getting the kids ready, there just isn't time to put anything together. But this year I had this awesome wig from my Grandma that I couldn't pass up, so I went as a Mad Scientist. Or as Cory said a Madder Scientist, since I'm already crazy. Which gave me a good laugh, because I think he's right. :)
On the way to the church the car started acting a little funny--lights on the dash fading and stuff. Eventually it seemed to be losing power before jerking to a complete stop in the turn lane not far from the church. It was completely dead, with not even enough power to turn the hazard lights on. So the kids and I piled out and walked to the sidewalk, while Cory sat with the car and called a tow truck. Fortunately, we weren't far from the church, so we could walk there. Although walking carrying a 4-year old dinosaur made it seem a lot father. :) Of course we felt fabulous walking down street in our costumes and we did get a lot of stares from the cars going past. The kids thought it was great. They told me it was the best Halloween ever. Which made me think we have been way over-planning our fun activities. ;) But we made it in time for the kids to get candy, Cory got the car towed and arrived at the very end, just in time for his sweet sisters to get us all safely back home. Also the repair ended up not being as major as it could have and it was fixed the next day. So even though the evening ended up different than we'd planned, we still had fun and made some memories and we were definitely blessed through it all.
As the evening was a little hectic, I ended up without one picture of my cute kids. However someone at the activity happened to snap a picture of Paige and I, so at least there's a little photographic evidence.
Sarah's Harry Potter Birthday Party
12 years ago

2 rays of sunshine:
I'd missed a post or two, so got caught up on your blog tonight. I sure love reading about all the goings on at your house. You guys are a cute bunch for sure. Love you all!
love the wig looks like it was a fun night!
Post a Comment