Can I just say that I LOVE getting something on sale? I was talking to my brother the other day and was going through how cheaply I had gotten everything I was wearing. I had on a shirt that cost $1.99, jeans for $6.98, a sweater for $4.98, sock for $0.33, and shoes for $6.48. Yes, I just feel good when I get something on sale. The other day I popped into Kmart and found some shoes for baby Paige that were on sale for 50% off, which would mean I'd pay $2.00 for them. When I checked out, the total was less than I expected, so I looked over my receipt and saw the shoes had only cost me $0.01. That right--a penny!!!! I think it was an error in the way someone had entered it into the computer, but they sold it to me anyway. Nice, right? I've also been getting a few things for the kids for next year and haven't paid more than $2.00 for any shirt or pair of shorts I've gotten. I really love clothes, but I love it even more when I know everything I bought was a bargain!
We've been working on getting flu shots for everyone, not the swine kind, but the seasonal ones. Ian and Elise got theirs at the same time. They did great and didn't even make a face. It could have helped that they were trying to be braver than Uncle Adam or the fact that they were getting to pick out a pack of gum or piece of candy afterwards, but whatever the ultimate motivation, they were troopers. Paige had hers the next day and she didn't make a peep either. She squinched up her face, but never fussed at all. Then yesterday I took Merry Grace. I already knew this was going to be tougher then the other ones. Merry Grace cried when Paige got hers. She covered her ears at all the other flu shots, worried that someone would cry. We went to the minute clinic at CVS pharmacy. First of all, we had to wait for about 45 minutes which was torture. When we walked into the room, Merry Grace immediately attached herself to my leg and began sobbing. This was well before we even got started thinking about a shot. By the time the nurse got around to giving the shot, I was holding Merry Grace on my lap with her arms pinned to her side while she struggled to get free. When the needle went in she actually screamed louder (I didn't think it was possible) and then completely stopped crying. I guess she realized it wasn't as terrible as she'd imagined. Boy, am I glad to have that out of the way. Now I can just look forward to taking her to get the swine one. How fun. :)
In the afternoon, they rode around in the jeep for a while. Thankfully, there always seems to be room for one more.
Cory put the training wheels back on Ian's old bike and Merry Grace took up riding right away. She was great at it and loved the feel of being on a big kid's bike. She kept saying, "I'm pretty good at riding bikes!", in her cute little voice.

5 rays of sunshine:
LOL.
I always try to read blogs when my kids aren't around because the photos FASCINATE them to the point of having like a gajillion questions that I don't want to go over and over. I'm a fun mom. Anyway, Liberty just came over and of course said, "Who is that, is that me?" on the picture of Merry Grace. I said, "No that is your cousin Merry Grace in North Carolina..."
To which she replied, "Hmmm, that is a funny name. It sounds like she's famous or something..."
Whatever that means. I laughed, thought you would like that!
Love the post! I love that you got that bargain-hunting gene, too. :) I can just see the whole flu shot episode playing out...funny, sort of, but so sorry Merry Grace was "traumatized" worrying about it. She is so cute riding her bike. I know she loves that. I think it's so sweet the way MG takes care of Paige. Just adorable. Oh, and the Halloween masks are cute. I like all your fun Halloween countdown ideas. Love you guys!
that ian cracks me up. i can see him coloring black on black for 20 minutes. he's so cute. poor merry grace. poor kristen. poor nurse that had to give shot.
Lisa, I love Libby's comment. How cute!! I actually think those two look the most alike of any of our kids. My kids are fascinated by the pictures too and want a detailed history of how I know that person, who all their family members are and a million other things. And if they ever see a video? Forget it. They'll watch it 100 times. Crazy.
Mama, You're sweet. We love you guys too. Wish you were here to experience all the fun first-hand.
Amanda, Ian is a mess. There's not a thing we can do for him. And the flu shot? Thank heavens its a once a year thing. I don't know what we'll do when she starts school. I don't even want to think about it.
I love the mask idea! My kids would love that! I love a bargain too, anytime anyone compliments something I'm wearing I don't know why, but I always have to tell them exactly how much i paid for it, b/c I don't buy things unless they're on sale!
Post a Comment