Cory is the Cubmaster for the cub scout pack at church. This last month he's been planning and organizing the Pinewood Derby, which took place this weekend. This week he cut out a car to use for the "Cubmaster's Challenge" after the race, to see which boys could beat his car. Ian was fascinated by the whole process, from the design to the painting to the "weighting". When we told him he could attend the pinewood derby with his Daddy this weekend, you'd have thought we'd offered him a day at Disneyworld. Really, it was one of the cutest things I've ever seen. He was up Saturday morning bright and early, getting dressed and ready for the "pine derby race", as he called it. And fortunately, it didn't disappoint. He loved seeing the boys cars, watching them race, and especially seeing his dad beat all but about three of the boys. When we told him that it was only about a year and half until he could build his own car, he had a look of complete disbelief. And just when he thought his day couldn't get any better. I love that little boy who is able to find excitement in even the small things of life. And I cannot wait to cheer him on at his very own pine derby race!
Sarah's Harry Potter Birthday Party
12 years ago

3 rays of sunshine:
That's really neat. We'll be excited to cheer him on, too.
What a cute kid. If only we could all keep that kind of excitement about everyday life experiences. And it's good to hear that Cory's car did well. It would have been a shame if all the boys had beat him. :)
I can just see him. He does get so excited about things. I hope he never looses that.
Post a Comment